Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had to "Lemon Law" a vehicle? If so, was it a headache or was everybody you dealt with cooperative?

I'm just thinking ahead in case I have to "Lemon Law" my new truck, which has been towed to the dealer twice now for the same thing (engine light on and won't shift to 2nd).

Any advise you can give on this subject would be appreciated.Edited by: LU10ANT

·
Registered
168 Posts
Never been involved in the lemon law. But the problem with your truck, sounds like a speed sensor on the trany. You have 3 sensors ( input, turbine, and output) these send info to the TCM to determine the trans operating range. If I had a code # I could help you out a little better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code was P0700 the first time. They replaced the TCM (transmission control module) and everything was fine for a few days. Then the truck did it again. This time the dealer is saying they are going to replace the 'valve body', whatever that is.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lemon Law is three failures of same type, same cause. You must have service receipts to file under the lemon law. My grandson filed on a Mitsubishi truck a few years back and the dealer let him have his choice of trucks on the lot, plus moving or putting all the add on goodies that were on the replaced truck on tnhe new truck. The truck he chose was an upgrade over he one he turned in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know the codes in tcm are but the invoice I got after I picked up the truck the first time says, "TECH 2 DIAG CODE P0700 PERFORMED BULLETIN PI013 43 AS RECOMMENDED". I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mine shifted ruff ~ what w/the VHS tape that came w/the truck saying that the allison is a truck tranny I expected it to be ruff. One day Nick asked what was that funky shift? That told me it wasn't normal. To my knowlege ~ there were no codes set. They chkd w/TAC and changed out the TCU ($900). Still a prob ~ then changed out the valvebody ($1400) and been fine ever since. Hope it works out for you ~ (sniff, sniff) can't even get a whiff of a lemon here Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NCMax,

Thanks. That site was very helpful. I hope it all works out without having to go the Lemon Law route.

The dealer said they reploaced the valve body and were going to take it for a road test. Now they are closed, so I guess it won't be until Friday before I get my chariot back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dmaxalliTech,

I sent you my VIN by PM. Any help would be great. Thank you so much for your interest.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd rather have a DMAX lemon, than a Furd "Lope" or a Dodge "Can't Cope"!!!

Give it a chance, you will love it. You have a 100K warranty on the engine and 36K on the tranny.

Good Luck and hope it gets fixed right this time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chevysrus,

You speak the truth my friend. I hope replacing the valve body will to the trick. Thanks for your encouragement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got my truck back on Fri/11-28-03. They replaced the valve body. It seems to be working fine now. I hope it lasts...

dmaxalliTech,

Were you able to find out anything based on th VIN?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts