Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!

Its been over 2 years since I bought my truck, and it still turns heads, and is a near constant topic of conversation with the guys at work! Not conversations about potential problems or defects, or Furds and Dudges being better, but conversations about how much everyone likes these trucks, wants one of these trucks, is amazed by the power and quietness of these trucks, how the ride and comfort of these trucks is so nice, and on and on and on!

Are these people just BSing me to make me feel good? Not likely! I don't know how many firefighters you guys know, but one of our favorite passtimes is bustin' each other's chops! But when it comes to trucks, there's not much bustin' going on here!

Is this why I love my truck so much...No! I love it because it is the finest truck on the road, and every time I sit in the drivers seat, it puts a smile on my face! I am Blessed and proud to be able to own one of these trucks!

I may have problems with it down the road, but I plan on doing all I can to take good care of it as long as I own it. I have not owned a vehicle yet that was perfect, and this one, I am pretty sure, is no exception. I do plan on teaching my two girls how to drive in this truck. My oldest is almost 5, and my youngest is 15 months. I feel confident that, God willing, I will have this truck for many more years!

There are a number of people that I see here that are unhappy with their trucks. I have been there with other vehicles in the past. It is no fun, and I sympathize with them. But as for me, I just want to say "I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!"

Thanks to all of you for your continued advice and support.

Kevin

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I don't know how many firefighters you guys know

I am actually a volunteer fighfighter so I know lots
Hands down the greatest group of guys you will ever find.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max Power said:

You got that right!!!

We're truly "Family"!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My work truck is!
LOL!

(green)

Kevin

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Nope ~ but my son is, and Firefighters are a competitive lot. Just returned from town. On the way, was telling the missus how fortunate we were to be able to have one of these wonders
and this is one of the first threads to pop up

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I have to agree with you...at first coming out of a Stroker that I loved
our new GMC took some getting used to. But I have to say...the more I look at her and drive her....the more I am really starting to like her!!!

THANK YOU for what you guys do for a living!! My wife rolled our Stroker over 1.25 times down a 60' bankment....thank god she is not dead! The house she rolled over in front of was a Fire Fighter/Paramedic...That guy jumped out of his bed to help her. On his day off...that alone we can never thank him enough. Four fun filled days in the H, two surgries later, and over 600 stiched!!

Many people go without saying thank you but we make sure to say thank you every chance we get!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts

Well, I gotta admit I'm one too, 26 years doing that stuff - man does time fly! Engine 1 & I came on the same time together back in July 1978 & we just retired the old girl but I still can't go!??? (Big Red Truck)

This new HD,CC, D/A, LT, I've got coming will be my very 1'st new truck ever..& I'm really excited about her, Just ask Howard...
I Pray I get a Good One because I'm stuck w/ her for better or worse so my wife says..
So, Fireman, I'm taking you on your word as a Brother & you too Max - I made the right move eh?[:

I want to tell all about my affection's tooooo! Paul

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two Dogs said:

So, Fireman, I'm taking you on your word as a Brother & you too Max - I made the right move eh?[:

I want to tell all about my affection's tooooo! Paul

Yeah you did!

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
these trucks are great for burnouts on the tarmack on a slow night to impress the ford guys at the station

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two Dogs,

Where in Mass. are you?

I'm from Hanson. Also have family in Scituate.

Kevin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rp199 said:
these trucks are great for burnouts on the tarmack on a slow night to impress the ford guys at the station

Impress...Don't you mean "depress"? lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fireman,

I'm about 10 min. away in W. Brid., small world......You live in Fla. now I take it? You were originally from up here in the Nothern Latitudes? Nice little towns but getting built up a lot --- like everywhere...
I'd like to move a little closer to you someday at least part of the time if possible.
Glad you love your Job and your Truck..
Me, I'm "gettin a little tired of the sad stuff", you know what I mean.

Good luck & God Bless & Happiest of Holidays -- to All.
Paul

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two Dogs said:
Fireman,

I'm about 10 min. away in W. Brid., small world......You live in Fla. now I take it? You were originally from up here in the Nothern Latitudes? Nice little towns but getting built up a lot --- like everywhere...
I'd like to move a little closer to you someday at least part of the time if possible.
Glad you love your Job and your Truck..
Me, I'm "gettin a little tired of the sad stuff", you know what I mean.

Good luck & God Bless & Happiest of Holidays -- to All.
Paul

Yeah, I do know!

I was up back up there in the summer of '01. Man I miss it. But I also love it here in Fla.! I think I'll travel back-n-forth some when I retire...Still several years away though.

God Bless you and yours also!

Kevin

·
Registered
747 Posts
Max Power said:
I don't know how many firefighters you guys know

ditto!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts