Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The members of this page have been impressed with Primrose 405....and I have always trusted the opinions of the members here. However, I am one of those see it to believe it kinda people.

Well I was ordering a case of delvac 1 from avlube and I decided to try some 405. My truck had developed a very lopey idle even when warm and I figured I would give 405 a try to see if it made a difference.

I have tried them all Howes, Power Service, FPPF. Howes let me down this winter after I got a nasty load of fuel.....it gelled while driving down the road.

Power Service and FPPF have been good.....as far as I can tell...no rusty water in the filter.....

Let me tell you.....I added a couple ounces of 405 to my idling truck before filling the tank. Truck was loping like crazy......sounded like a gasser with a big cam......by the time I filled the tank the big ole Duramax was purrin' like a kitten. Mileage has increased and starts are quick crisp and clean.

I am a very happy camper.....truck has 75K on it and it runs like new. This is the first additive I have used that has really shown obvious results.

I know this has been said many times but I thought it was worth repeating for the newbies.

Primrose 405 and AVLUBE......good stuff!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Funny you should post this info .... Thing is my truck was the complete opposite ...

Ran FPPF smooth, quiet idle for the most part .... Ran some Primrose and my HOT lop returned ....

I asked if there is or what is the big differance in the two in lubricating properties ...

Must be a big secret ...

Mac

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats kinda weird

Well as long as we can each find something that works we should all be happy right?

I can't figure out how so little 405 can do so much but like I said this is the first one that has shown results that I can see

So what the heck?.....I'll use it and be happy.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
405 HAS to be good!

I use it in my Dodge

FPPF is ok to use in a GM product though

·
Registered
132 Posts
hoot you're a wise man! Don't take ANY chances with that durge (I meant to say blodge--S**T--can't type this morning)----OH WELL--You know what I mean.---------
---------Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts