Diesel Place banner

I joined the Juice Club!

3K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  MaineMax 
#1 ·
I made it home last night after weeks of living in a hotel room at ATL...the first thing I did was wash my ride.

Today I opened up the Juice/Attitude box and put the 'bad boy' on!

It went surpizingly good....I usually need to do installs at least twice before it is done.

Did the ATS overhead mount.....it looks great!! The Attitude is very simple to program..the thing is great!!!! I can not stop
about it.

I am sure I am going to have questions....so thanks in advanced

See less See more
#4 ·
sigh, yet another starving family. Such a shame. Right mac?

#7 ·
Bronco said:
Max Power said:
sigh, yet another starving family. Such a shame. Right mac?

Max I am glad to see I provided you with some original material.

LOL, It's getting old now. I wore it out.
Bronco, your gonna have to give me more material! What was that about the briggs?

#11 ·
Nowake, in addition to the extra horses and high performance of the Juice, I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by the fundamental improvements in "driveability" that the Juice provides. I was really pleased by the improved and smoothed-out low and mid-range performance and it's really a dream for towing and interstate cruising where it just ticks along in overdrive. The Juice programming makes the Duramax what it was intended to be!

#12 ·
Trippin, now I know why you have that Avtar....that is how I feel when I am out running.

Idle_Chatter, I did notice the mid-range performance just going up a hill near our home. Stock it always felt like it wanted to shift...now...I can give her fuel and it starts accelerating without shifting!

Now it is time to start thinking about the tool box/fuel tank for the bed.

#13 ·
Rick,

I guess you've got to change your signature now, huh?

I will soon join you all....

Got talking to a customer on the route who has a Powerpuke....he's chipped and challenged me to a race after I get mine installed.

It's amazing to me that I buy a 7000 lb DIESEL truck to drive, and am STILL going to get into trouble with it....heh heh heh

Tom
Bacon (thanks for the pig smiley *LMAO*)

#17 ·
I hate to be one of those "me too" types, BUT...

ME TOO! Juice w/Attitude is on the way. :)

I like the look of the ATS mount, but I don't like
the location. I think I'm going to see if I can't
make a mounting that'll look good (with Attitude) on
the top cubby hole of the center console. More
"finished" as MaxPower would say.

T.

#21 ·
Hey NoWake,

Did you tap your manifold yourself ? I was just outside looking at the pass. side exhaust and I don't see the 'flat spot' where the pyro would go. Is where you tap into the exhaust facing the wheel ? Did you have to pull the wheel and fender lining ?? I'm guessing that at the min. thats what I have to do.

Thanks for any reply.

#22 ·
depbubba said:
Hey NoWake,

Did you tap your manifold yourself ? I was just outside looking at the pass. side exhaust and I don't see the 'flat spot' where the pyro would go. Is where you tap into the exhaust facing the wheel ? Did you have to pull the wheel and fender lining ?? I'm guessing that at the min. thats what I have to do.

Thanks for any reply.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=946&PN=1

This is a great post that Hoot put together.

Yes, I tapped the hole myself. There is a good picture of the area that you will tap for the prob in Hoot's post. I also had to remove the wheel well lining to get to the manifold. The job is very simple....the big thing you have to do is have the engine running to blow the chips out and make sure the tap goes in straight and use caution not to cross thread the hole. Again make sure you check out Hoot's post and if you have any more quesitons drop me a note.

#24 ·
After having tapped the passenger side and the driver side manifolds, I'd say the driver side manifold is easier to access with less risk.

Remember the poor guy who snapped off his tap and it destroyed a piston? That was on the pass. side. I did mine on the pass. side first, removed the fender liner and all. It went fine, but took a little while to R&R the liner. The driver side is easily accessed from the bottom and you drill straight up, chips fall straight down and the straight shot at the flat spot on the manifold might help to prevent tap breakage.

It's also much closer to where the Juice gets mounted.

#25 ·
If you brake the tap you are doing something VERY wrong or using a cheap tap.

Half turn clockwise quarter turn counter clockwise....use oil.

I agree the Juice is closer to the drivers side....I wounder why they have us mounting the EGT on the passenger side?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.