Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit a mustang dyno today and it put down some good #'s, they are all uncorected and our elevation is around 4500, best run was 505 hp and 979 lbs of torque :D did several runs and backed some pw out of it along with a couple degrees timing and gained 3-5 hp , found w/m to be worth 20 hp and 50 lbs of torque, but dont know what the mixture was but it was alot of fun, wish i would of got some before #'s cause i just got my feed pipes put on this morning and went to the dyno right after , oh well. i'm happy with the #'s espcialy for a mustang dyno :)
what would theses #'s be corected or on a different dyno ?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1 question is that with a race weight of 6600 lbs ( estimate ) and a trap speed of almost 109 these #'s should be higher ? i know a dyno is mostly a tuning tool but ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you know the weight of your truck? Just saw you added that.
Also, you'll need the temp, relative humidity reading at the time of the test.

You can use this calculator to figure out roughly what it would be.

The chassis dyno is at the wheels and at the flywheel HP would need to be figured out by guessing at the drivetrain loss.

HP Calc

:)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know the weight of your truck? Just saw you added that.
Also, you'll need the temp, relative humidity reading at the time of the test.

You can use this calculator to figure out roughly what it would be.

The chassis dyno is at the wheels and at the flywheel HP would need to be figured out by guessing at the drivetrain loss.

HP Calc

:)
acording to that calculator to match my mph with the track condition the hp needed to trap at 108.7 is 590-600 rwhp there et is off but thats seems a little closer , any one else have any info on et's other dyno's ?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.