Diesel Place banner

I have water getting in ??

844 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  NorCal 2500HD 
#1 ·
Everytime it rains real hard or i go to a car wash,i have water getting in from the drivers side.It seems to pool up right next to the kick plate on the floor where the carpet meets the plastic step plate?I belive that it is comming in from above and running down the A pillar and pooling up on the carpet below it.Has anyone had this problem before,i have clearence lights up top and i have already taken them off and ran a bead of clear silicone around each one just to make sure that that was not the entry point,but she's still leaking.

#2 ·
Maybe a loose rubber wire conduit from door to A pillar. Fire wall feed through grommet dislodged. Take a hose and start low on fire wall and move to door jam area, keep getting higher on the vehicle till someone inside sees water.

#3 ·
Water out of a hose isn't the same as rain water.

#5 ·
If it's an 06, I'd let the dealer find the leak under warranty. I'd also have him replace the carpet.

#6 ·
I'm with "Redg", I'd have some new carpet. The next thing you'll have a moldy carpet smell. Than again sometimes they do more damage than it's worth replacing it!

I

#7 ·
I'm with "Redg", I'd have some new carpet. The next thing you'll have a moldy carpet smell. Than again sometimes they do more damage than it's worth replacing it!

I
I totally agree with you on that one !! I have only had this leak 3 times and i always got all of it up.I can feel a pinch in the rubber seal at the top drivers corner of the windshield,and thats where i think it's comming from.Goin in this morning to see my neighbor who happens to be the service writer at my stealership, like that's going to matter LOL.

#9 ·
i lifted up the floor mat in the truck today and noticed this same thing.....time to do some searching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.