Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are lift pumps necessary? do you get more power. what about cost. my upgrades so far are listed below. do I need one. next upgrade is the SCV tranny just got my quote today on cost.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Lift pumps are necessary at higher power levels. They will allow the tuneup to make max power once installed. We rate our systems by RwHp so if you know what your truck makes you could pick out the right one. You can find them on our Web site along with pricing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry what are they good for. what application. is my truck starving for fuel. causing it not to produce maximum hp. I want a fast truck is this part necessary?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Fast truck requiring a big tune. Big tunes require lots of fuel.

If your truck is starving for fuel, you will know it!!! Throwing 1093's codes and bursting/cutting out are all indicators of low fuel rail pressure.

Added lift pumps forces the fuel to the fuel rail, helping alot with the issue of not enough fuel with a big horsepower tune.

Try doing a search, you will learn a bunch!!:ro)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sometimes doesn't even take a big program my predator on 85hp tune threw 1095's lift pumps here I come.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would this cause my truck to buck when I romp on it. really first gear only. I don't think its tire spin. I trow some codes but I think its from the ppe boost controller. no 1093's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.