Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new baby...

And the gasser that got totaled, leading to my Dmax purchase...

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nice truck. You gonna make it huge too? The gasser looked sweet too. What happened to it???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was parked on the street in front of my buddy's house in Boulder, CO. Some drunk girl (hot too) from Cali was driving her Jeep GC wasted and piled into the driver's side rear tire, it was a mess to say the least.

I want to get my Dmax in the 13's first, then I'm going with another 10" lift and 38s. I have been considering that new Keldermann SFA conversion kit too, we'll see what the prices are later this year, $7000 without an axle seems pretty steep.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on your new truck. Congrat's!Truck on!!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

It was parked on the street in front of my buddy's house in Boulder, CO. Some drunk girl (hot too) from Cali was driving her Jeep GC wasted and piled into the driver's side rear tire, it was a mess to say the least.

I want to get my Dmax in the 13's first, then I'm going with another 10" lift and 38s. I have been considering that new Keldermann SFA conversion kit too, we'll see what the prices are later this year, $7000 without an axle seems pretty steep.
Hey,

So did you get her phone number so you could call her to see if she was ok? ;) I would have!!:D

Glad to see you were ok!! Was the old truck a 8.1 or a 6.0?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey where did you buy it at? Did they give you a price you could live with? Down south here in Littleton they are being stingy with the LBZ's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man, if I ever see that chick at the bars or a party I'm dumping a beer on her. She hit the truck at about 2:30 am and luckily I was on the porch and saw it happen. I chased her down for 1/2 a block and she finally pulled over.

I had called the cops as soon as it happened, and told her and her 2 male passengers that when I caught them. Male passenger #1 started being belligerant, telling me I was an a$$hole for calling the cops and that she was drunk and would get a DUI. The girl was a HUGE b!tch, so I let loose a stream of profanity on her that would make a pirate blush (it made her cry). Pass #1 noted that I was very drunk and told me I wold get a DUI as well. After I informed him that my truck was PARKED he really started being a dick, escalating to us nose to nose in the street. I told him to hit me and stop being a pu$$y or STFU.

It was then the officer showed up and I realized the girl and passenger #2 had run off.

They found the girl at her apartment the next day, she was charged with leaving the scene and a host of other offenses.

I am happy now that I have a Dmax outta the deal, but it has still been a HUGE PITA for me. I hate that chick.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey where did you buy it at? Did they give you a price you could live with? Down south here in Littleton they are being stingy with the LBZ's
I looked all over the place before I picked the one I did. There are a lot of haggard Dmax's for sale in the Denver area.

I got it at a Ford dealer in Ft Collins. 03, 31,000 mi, totally stock, LS, new tires for $24,800 out the door. According to CarFax the 1st owner was in Kansas and only drove it 7000 mi in the 1st 2 years!

All in all I came out well IMO. I got $24,000 for the 6.0 gas and I get to keep the truck.

PS I am selling the truck for $8K if any of you know someone that would want it. PM me for details and pics.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If thats his truck its not an LBZ. Its an 03 or 04. Look at the front end.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks like one to me. The older one was the one that was totaled.

·
Registered
320 Posts
you are correct, but where does he claim it is a lbz? if you read the whole post like so many around here do not before they jump the gun and post their opinion he says it is a 03;)
edited to add: they switched the lb7,lly,lbz forums around today he may have not looked before clicking the wrong forum, I did and was confused for a second):h

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
:exactly: LBZ, LLY, and LB7 are now in inverse order.

Or was it in inverse order before?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
lets see some more pics of the wreaked truck it doesn't even look that bad

·
Registered
386 Posts
I looked all over the place before I picked the one I did. There are a lot of haggard Dmax's for sale in the Denver area.

I got it at a Ford dealer in Ft Collins. 03, 31,000 mi, totally stock, LS, new tires for $24,800 out the door. According to CarFax the 1st owner was in Kansas and only drove it 7000 mi in the 1st 2 years!

All in all I came out well IMO. I got $24,000 for the 6.0 gas and I get to keep the truck.

PS I am selling the truck for $8K if any of you know someone that would want it. PM me for details and pics.
Iceman,
Good eye! :ro) Here is where he says what it is. Shows how much I know!

Bill

·
Registered
693 Posts
How did you get to keep the truck, When my 1500 was totalled it was taken to a tow yard (along with all my goodies) and I never got to see it

·
Registered
190 Posts
Corecto

CORRECTO MENDO DONT LOOK LIKE MY FRONT END ON MY LBZ MAYBE ITS AN LB7 ???:ro) :grd:

·
Registered
320 Posts
CORRECTO MENDO DONT LOOK LIKE MY FRONT END ON MY LBZ MAYBE ITS AN LB7 ???:ro) :grd:
please refer to post #11(top of this page)and post #14 (middle of this page)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts