Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna buy a new Duramax. The thing is i would like it to have the new LLY Motor. An since production date started the 8th. They will be on lots soon I hope. Thing is now GM has a good rebate on the trucks that ends Jan. 4th... If I have to order this truck the way I want it with the new motor will the rebate still apply??? Or is this rebate just apply to present trucks on the lots with the regular LB7 Motor???? Not saying these are bad at all , its just for 40K I want the latest technology. Guess you guys understand..

·
Registered
157 Posts
***on edit - As Zeeb graciously points out below, the power pack discount is available with the LLY.***

As far as factory rebates, you get what is currently available when you pick up the truck, not when you order it.

Hope that helps.Edited by: Mjollnir

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mjollnir said:
The $1000 power pack discount is what you get when you order the power pack, which includes allison, LB7 and G80 diff. To option the LLY on the order, you have to pick each one individually, which ends up costing $1000 more (no discount).

NOT....

You've not been on the web sites lately have you? The LLY is the only engine available now, and it does come in the HD Power package with the $1000.00 discount. Sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, Zeeb, thanks for the correction. Things have obviously changed in the last few weeks. No need to be an a**hole about it.

Didn't realize I had a bubble.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mjollnir said:
Well, Zeeb, thanks for the correction. Things have obviously changed in the last few weeks. No need to be an a**hole about it.

Sorry you took offense, but I don't think it appropriate to give innacurate advice to someone who is obviously new here. There are some dealers who would take advantage of folks who don't know much about how things work. I felt like you were setting this person up for some salesman who knows the LLY's are coming down the pike, but does not want to disclose that information.

Your edit shows we're both on the same page, it can be a war out there trying to buy a new vehicle so third party information is very helpful.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think it's appropriate to give inaccurate information to someone either, if you know it is inaccurate. I did not know it was inaccurate, and I had only researched a few weeks ago. I was TRYING to help. Correcting me would be fine, but the way you worded it was tantamount to calling me an idiot, which got me

Thanks for the correction though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts