Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the other day I was taking a lunch break at work, went into the restaurant and sat down (of course always by a window so I can "watch" my truck) and I noticed I had left my lights on... but I said what the heck, I won't be in here very long and I'm not going to waste precious lunch break time to turn them off... so I am sitting there "watching" my truck and eating and all of a sudden my lights turned off. I was thinking to myself "damn, GM did there homework" people leave their lights on all the time on accident and GM decided to make a feature that shuts off there lights after a specific period time as to not drain the battery... but I'm not sure what the exact time limit is before they turn off and I have never heard of this feature. I noticed the lights off approximately 15 minutes after I came into the restaurant.

ps. before you all call me an idiot, I had the lights in the "on" position not the automatic position

Dan

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
The inside lights do the same thing. I even had my rear jacuzzi shut down at a very bad moment.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
everything does...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Does anyone know if the AUX. Beacon switch that comes with the Snowplow prep package shuts off after some time too?

I'm hoping NOT. As I'll be using the strobe while parked along roadsides and don't want it shutting itself off after 5 or 10 minutes. The strobe draws less than 1 Amp, so it would take forever to affect the battery.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
That's good thinking on GM's part. My 96 has run the battery dead already a few times. Leaving the radio on too long or lights. Good thing they have that feature Strait diesel!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts