Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling this weekend at an indoor pull for Mitchell's and I am wanting to pull in low lock 4wd but I have an 01 and it won't rev up and seem like it has any power in 4wd low but high it id right there. It acts like it is jus like it is in limp mode kinda but it isn't jus won't have much power I am wanting to pull in 3 low instead of 1 or 2high I feel like I waill do better in the low side. Can someone help me fix my problem. Thankyou Justin burns

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Justin do need any help at the pull, I may go down and watch.

The wife's car has a slow throttle response when in low range.

Makes it easier rock climbing.

I'm not sure about our trucks.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Justin

Do not pull in 4wd low. The power is reduced by the PCM when in 4wd low to protect the transfer case and front driveshaft. Seems Bullydog and Quad haven't figured it out yet.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Steve - Maybe you should offer a 4wd low sled pull program

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve is there a way to fool it you think, I really need it I pulled my truck all year in high range. But I think I might do better in low 3rd. Any more input would be appreiciated. Thanks justin

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I think it is an 01 issue because I've pulled in 3rd low and 4th low and beleive me power is not reduced in low range.

It's a good idea to pull in 2nd, 3rd or 4th low because you can lock the converter which helps put the power to the ground. Not being able to lock it up in 1st high sucks and 2nd high is too tall a gear with the converter locked.Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Justin, if it doesnt have the power in low, you are just gonna have to pull in 1st high again. Dont try to pull in low if its not putting full power down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts