Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a used one for $100 plus shipping, Are they any good. I don't want to damage my motor or tranny just to get a few extra pony's.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
They are ok, I would do a search on this and see what you can find, there is tons of info out there already on this and other programmer topics. Good luck..

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have a chance to buy a used one for $100 plus shipping, Are they any good. I don't want to damage my motor or tranny just to get a few extra pony's.
You can't go wrong for $100. I didn't have any problems, and it decreased my truck's 1/4 time from 16.4 (stock) to 15.4 (level 3).

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I've been runnin on level 3 for the last 35,000 miles or so. I bought it used here from another member for $240. Jump on it, you will not find another for that price and you will definately enjoy the power upgrade.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
go for it it's cheap.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to there web site, and they are saying there is no need for a pyro and that the tranny will except the extra power, with no problems. Is this a load of c$#p Oh the part # 30029 I belive

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been running the hypertech for around 70,000 miles and have not had any problem running high EGT's or any problem with the tranny. Great deal for $100

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I went to there web site, and they are saying there is no need for a pyro and that the tranny will except the extra power, with no problems. Is this a load of c$#p Oh the part # 30029 I belive
That model doesn't read any trouble codes. It has the 3 power levels and can adjust for different tire sizes. jfyi Makes a noticiable increase in power on level 3 without apparently hurting anything. I towed with it on level 2 and 3 without any problems.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go for it for $100.00

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
That model doesn't read any trouble codes. It has the 3 power levels and can adjust for different tire sizes. jfyi Makes a noticiable increase in power on level 3 without apparently hurting anything. I towed with it on level 2 and 3 without any problems.
I gave you some bad info on that model. I had it mixed up with an older model. That one is a great price for what it is. If you don't get it PM me where it's at :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone else have any input

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I ran a Hypertech in my 03' LB7 and it did just what it said and I paid $375 for mine. Buy it and if you don't like it you can sell it on e-bay and make a proffit, I sold mine for almost $250.00 last month.

My dad has one on his 05' LLY and he likes it, it makes him feel young again when he wastes those "fart can boys" with his 7000# truck. He runs on 3 all the time even when towing since it had 3000 miles on it and loves it. JUST DO IT!:ro)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't know for sure if my peers would agree?????????????????):h ):h ):h

But I think for 100.00 you should buy it, that is a great price and it will do you just fine until you decide you want more....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just waiting for the guy to get back from hoildays.and I will pick it up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That what i'm planning to do who has the best deal on them

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
$100 BUCKS YOU CAN'T LOSE :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts