Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that the HPP3 was suppose to eliminate the speed limiter. I still haven't figured out how to do it. Anyone else have an idea? Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I think the 01's might be the exception to the rule. In other words you might be SOL.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn!! What is it about the '01's and go fast goodies? Could I just buy another ECM from a newer model and swap it? Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
01 problem. Only way around it, as of right now............programmed pcm. Well the predator raises it to 110mph, but thats like having a 2 inch d!ck, pretty much useless.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
From what i gather, no you cannot use a different year pcm in your truck. Will set codes as it does not "gell" with the other modules. I'm not 100% on that, but pretty sure. We are working on getting the 01 problems ironed out to make sure they are all addressed. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The Hypertech doesn't bypass ANY year Duramax for the speed limiter. TTS offers a Powerloader II programmer that will on the 2001's. That's it so far. Most of the other programmers will do it on 2002's and newer, but not on the 2001's. I've heard that Quad is working on this, too, but I don't know what the timeframe is. I was going to buy a Bullydog Power Pup, until I found out that it didn't do the bypass thing on the 2001's. So I bought the Banks Six-Gun. I'll wait and see if the RaceBox that Banks is working on will do it. I wonder what the deal is with bypassing the speed limiter on the 01's? Damn.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have the PPIII, it does not raise your speed limiter, it does raise the rev limiter to 3500, but I only catch that because I have the 6 speed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the superchip programer will raise the speed limiter.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Are you sure that it does for the 2001's? When they first came out, they didn't. Unless they revised their programmer....

I just visited their website after posting this. Only bypasses the 2002 and later models.....

Edited by: Scotty Seelen

·
Registered
77 Posts
on the 2003, the Hypertech technician i talked to says you cant change the speedlimter with the Stage 3 programmer. Claims it will put too much stress on the tranny or something.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I THINK ITS TOTAL BULLsh*t THAT ALL OF THESE TUNER SELLING PEOPLE ADVERTISE THAT THIER PRODUCT WILL REMOVE THE LIMITER ON THE "01-EARLY 04" YEAR MODEL TRUCKS. WTF IS WRONG WITH TELLING THE DAMNED TRUTH??????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts