Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone using one of this? how well do they work
and how do they compair to others

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i would suggest you do a search as many owners have posted their opinions.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I had a Hypertech on my truck and it performed flawless. Gained about 1-1.5mpg on level 3 (96hp). Runs slightly slower than a 95hp Bullydog-at least on my truck.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I like mine but I am in the market for the juice. This is only based on my readings here about how much better it is. My fuel economy did not increase though. I run mine at level 3 and I get 15.5. But it will run pretty good but more is better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm just looking for a bit more pow for towing. if it gets me a imporved mpg all the better.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had the Hypertech program for quite a while now. Haven't seen dyno charts, but it's improvement appears to be largely a higher rpm or highway effect. I think the Banks Six-Gun would be more appropriate for towing, especially on an otherwise stock or exhaust-only truck. I'll be selling my Hypertech shortly, along w/ a Duramaximizer.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
jonb,

What programmer/module are you going with next?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am new to this whole power thing as well.

I have both the hypertech III and the 90hp juice. I ran the hypertech for a couple months with no problems. The truck power increased but I never check the gas mileage because I'm scared too.

I will agree with the others saying the power is in the higher rpm's using the hypertech programmer The truck would roll pretty good! Alot better than stock.

The juice on the other hand will out run with it all day long probably on level 2 or 3 in my opinion. The juice on level 4 will blow the doors off the hypertech. For towing either one would help out over stock for sure.

It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you would like to spend. Good Luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the Quad a good alternative, priced in between the Hypertech and the edge, and is supposed to give you more bottom end.

I personally am looking for more power in the 1800 - 2200 range while towing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Banks 6-gun and the mid-range is great. And yes it does work great for towing - the more weight the more you notice the power. I run mainly in setting 4 (out of 6). The low-end "around town" response is much improved. I've changed out my muffler to a FLO-53553 but still have stock pipes. Stock intake but have swiss-cheesed the airbox. Very happy with the power and 20 hwy/17 city MPG (I don't baby it).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Adam, I've used several Htechs over the years. Two on Dmax's. You can feel the power difference and will like it. The thing I like about this tuner, is virtually no problems. Other tuners make more hp, but you seem to also hear about more problems. Problems I don't need when I'm towing my 5wheeler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts