Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....
This is on my 94 Burb. The booster has been leaking for a few months now. I ordered the seal kit (51 I believe, could be 50). Today I dove in to it a bit.

Here is a thread that entails what I'm trying to do-
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/21-6-5l-diesel-engine/44771-rebuild-hydro-boost-3.html#post715496

My booster is only leaking in one spot. It is the figure 8 seal in the middle of the booster seen in Figure #6 in that thread. The issue I had was the booster was not coming apart. I even disconnected the brake pedal from the rod (the retaining clip was actually easy. Took me about a minute using a pick). This is my only vehicle right now so I didn't want to pull and damage anything and be in the garage for a few days.

It looks like the spool valve was sticking and I didn't want to damage it.

So is there any special trick to getting the booster off the part as seen in figure #6? Or do I just pull it off?

Thanks!
Ryan

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I didn't remove the high and low pressure lines from the pump...maybe that is the issue??

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
Take your hoses out, and go back to step 1 and follow carefully, checking off whats been done. you've probably missed something simple, and it's holding you up. report back if you still can't figure it out

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Has anyone actually taken it apart and could chime in?

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
I can probably get you a blow up diagram...but thats about all I've got for ya here, lemme know

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts