Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
White 1996 Suburban K2500 4x4 6.5L TD retired Fire Rescue Fleet Vehicle
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third hydroboost that's done this. (Though first time I've done this test in my driveway) Sitting in my driveway if I apply brakes while turning steering wheel in either direction, power steering fluid leaks fron where the master cylinder meets the hydroboost.

This mostly happens when I'm driving and turning while applying the brakes all at the same time, however, the difference is that when I'm in motion and turning while applying the brakes it's almost as if the brake pedal is fighting me. It makes a strange noise, not loud, but it's there along with the brake pedal not wanting to go towards the floor.

Eventually the once a week fill of the steering pump becomes a daily fill and new hydroboost needed.

Question is, what would cause these symptoms? 🤔

TIA for any and all comments, posts, questions, etc.👍

·
Registered
67 Posts
The brake pedal fighting you and the noise sounds like your ABS is engaging. If be willing to bet your sensors are bad somewhere along their length. I'd replace those first, since they're cheap.
If your hydroboost is leaking every time you install a new one....I'd bet it's not the hydroboost that's bad. Someone else on here could definitely troubleshoot that better than me.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Did you completely bleed all the air out of the hydroboost system after you installed the new parts? You must get all the air out or you can get the symptoms you describe.
Also is your ABS light on?

Reactions: Phiberoptik

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you completely bleed all the air out of the hydroboost system after you installed the new parts? You must get all the air out or you can get the symptoms you describe.
Also is your ABS light on?

Yes to air bleed from system, and a yes to ABS light is on...🤔

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New sensor came on Saturday. Looking for a friend that can loan a brother a jack so I can R&R the thing as I live in a communist community with a HOA (🤬) that'll fine me for doing it here.

I will post update when installed and tested. Fingers crossed, and thank you once again, to the members of this awesome community for always willing to offer suggestions that are spot on 👍

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sensor is in and all seems well. ABS light is off. Today will be the test as I've got a lot to do. Will update tonight. Thanks for the "2" suggestions guys, always someone willing to help is why I keep coming back to this awesome forum. Keep it up and #StaySafe #RemainTeachable
#DoWhatIsRightNotWhatIsEasy

Reactions: 56pan and OkDually

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sensor was the culprit. Problem seems to be solved. Thanks again guys for all your help...!!!

Reactions: cruzer747 and 56pan

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Glad your issue is resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!

(y)

Reactions: Phiberoptik

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always. I can't stand it when people don't follow up. #DieselPlace.Com #DoWhatIsRightNotWhatIsEasy

Reactions: Glagulator

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
154 Posts
Always. I can't stand it when people don't follow up. #DieselPlace.Com #DoWhatIsRightNotWhatIsEasy
Was it the ABS making the hydroboost leak because it was pulsing?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't pulsing, more just resisting mostly while turning a corner while applying the brakes. Was strange but thinking logically now I can understand what was happening. One wheel was fighting the others because of the bad sensor sending false information to the ABS control module. Makes sense now...👍

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
It wasn't pulsing, more just resisting mostly while turning a corner while applying the brakes. Was strange but thinking logically now I can understand what was happening. One wheel was fighting the others because of the bad sensor sending false information to the ABS control module. Makes sense now...👍
that makes sense, but why would that cause your hydroboost expel power steering fluid from your hydroboost. It had to be under greater pressure than the seals could take.That's my w
question. No biggie.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe the one wheel applying the majority of pressure created back pressure to the hydroboost if that makes sense...🤔

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
well i guess it make sense unless someone states another logical reason. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts