Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a small PS fluid drip that seems to be coming from the area in picture below, seems to run around that area and collect/drip off the bottom. Fluid is clean/clear just slightly low due to the dripping. Is there a replaceable seal here or am I just going to need a new hydroboost assembly?

·
Administrator
15,963 Posts
There are rebuild kits available or you can replace the unit.

Reactions: itsallthesame

·
Registered
98 Posts
The AC Delco replacement hydro boost unit is 178-0683 and $310. 98 free shipping from Amazon. Firewall mount gasket is AC Delco 22872387 also avail. from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Alternatively, some of us have upgraded to the 2011 version of the brake booster, ACDelco 178-0853 and have been extremely pleased with the slightly better braking performance. Subjectively, I usually I rated the original brakes as a "C+" but with the new brake booster it's now a "B+".

Many have found that a slight elongation of the eyelet in the rod needs to be enlarged (a very little bit) for the brake light switch to work properly.

Also, I just looked and see that this brake booster is over $100 more than when I bought it in January 2019 (Amazon).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input guys! After some serious engine bay cleaning, i was able to determine that fluid was excess or spilled by the previous owner. The actual leak is coming from the steering gearbox, so about the same repair cost, however a little more time consuming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts