Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an aftermarket clutch this weekend, after 18 hours of strenuous circus entertainment, me and a couple of buddies finished and had it put back together. We hooked up the hydrolic line, and we thought we were done. I went to push the clutch in and it didnt even budge, not even a centimeter. We bled the line , but it didnt help can anyone give me some pointers, this is only the second clutch Ive installed.:help:

Thanks, Merlin

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i'm assuming this is on a d-max and what type of clutch did you install did you replace everything, what i'm thinking is that some how the fingers of the pressure plate have the slave pushed in a bit and is hydolocking the system just like it dose with a bad DMF, will the peddle go down when you open the bleeder screw?

LAter
Caleb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a macs puller smf dual disk on a d max and yes the pedal the pedal does go down when I bleed it. I thought that if the fingers were holding the slave cylinderit would at least budge or have some budge. But it doesnt, it acts as if there is something proped up behind the pedal. this only leads me to believe that it has to have something to do with the begining of the hydrolic line. Where the line disconnects is there a special way it goes back??? just my ideas, hope they make sense. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
there is acheck valve in the slave, if the fingers are applying pressure to the slave it will hydrolock aginst the valve causing a hard peddlel ike a bad dmf but the only thing is the bad dmf will go back into its orig. position and let u push the peddle back in with a shove on the it! i'm willin to bet that something in you bell housing is not right, wether it be a bad slave, improperly seated flywheel, or even bent fingers, something is not allowing enough room for everything to work right.

Later,
Caleb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Caleb, I appreciate it. I'll Have it checked out professionally, Im not willing to attempt this whole project again, its not worth it, I did have the actual clutch checked before I installed and i do have a new slave, but who knows??:(

Thanks, Merlin

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
you could also try calling evan at crank it up diesel maybe he could give you some pointers as it is one of his clutches 937-603-4070.

Goodluck,
Caleb

·
Registered
494 Posts
You probably didn't get the quick coupler completely seated. When the coupler is seated fully the male portions largest diameter will be slightly inside the outermost portion of the female side. I have seen it happen before and if you force the pedal it will break the clutch pedal

·
Registered
224 Posts
Listen to CPMac, he knows what he is talking about. I will also tell you that you more than likely didn't get the coupler seated. I thought that I did and I pushed the whole clutch pedal assy through the firewall. After about $200 and 6 hours I got the thing changed out. Please, I mean PLEASE don't push to hard on that pedal. I wouldn't wish changing that thing out on anyone. Disconnect it and reconnect it, have a friend help so you know that it is in there. Good luck. Oh and good to see you on here again Craig.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ouch 200 bucks and 6 hours for a peddel assembly, yeah you dont want to break that.

When i pulled my trans i did not disconnect the line just rolled the trans back as far as it would go. but anyhow best of luck getting things working let me know how thing work out andif you need anything else.Also let me know what the malfunction was, i'm curious!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
348 Posts
The same thing happened to me on my install..... so I pulled on the quick connect (which I thought was connected)and it came apart, my buddy and I looked at eachother like "you've got to be kidding me", I put it together making sure it was good, and it worked good.... talk about a sigh of relief

later, TW

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: :lol: :lol: :exactly: :exactly: Well guys guess what I already did, So now thanks, I get to spend 200$ and 6hrs,you guys helped me alot and sure make me feel better about being a dumb a**, I guess the only advice I need now is where can get that plastic fire wall piece??? Whats it called and maybe the part #??

Thanks I appreciate everything, Merlin

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I am pretty sure that the truck had a flat tire. Thats probably what caused this. j/k. I got to witness this disaster. And hoepfully once the pedal assembly is fixed everything will work out right.

-Blaze

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry the part was only $119.81 the part number off my receipt is 00830/15120866. When you go to the dealer you want to make sure that you look at their picture to make sure that it is the right thing. This is for the whole pedal assy. It goes through the firewall and where the line connects. My biggest suggestion is to make sure you watch the wiring harness when you take out the old and put in the new one. I managed to cut a couple of wires when I did mine. Of course it didn't help that I was so PO'd. We actually had to break the thing off more in order to get it out of the firewall. If you have any questions I will try to help since I have been through this one already.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Thanks everyone, I appreciat it. I orderd the clutch assembly. I will have it tomarrow, I will install it probably this weekend, if I have any questions, I will let you guys know.

Merlin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts