Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already did some searching which is the reason for the title. I have a steering problem when the truck is stopped or barely moving. When I turn the wheel with the truck stopped it may turn a full turn or less but then gets very tight, then a little more turning and it is pretty much impossible to turn any further until you let the truck start moving. A previous, locked post stated the exact same problem I'm having, wherein they changed the PS pump which did little to help. Then they changed the booster which did the trick!

This would be no big deal but as you can see I have an 02 which is out of warranty, now what?? I can change the unit myself, no big deal, but what do these cost?? And how can I prove it is the problem before spending any money? It has been doing it for a while but it is getting annoying and it seems to be doing it more and more. I'm not really sure what the actual hydraboost unit has to do with steering since it is there to boost brake pressure but that is what the post said I think. Come to think of it, I actually have been complaining of what feels like a spongy brake at low traffic speeds also when I have to brake hard. I wonder if it is all connected!?!?!?!

What do you guys thinks? I'm sure this has been on the forum already!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts