Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my 04 CC 4x4 and it now has about 300 miles on it. When traveling down the highway at about 56-58 mph, a resonance can be heard in the driveline. I'm not sure whether this comes from an unbalanced driveshaft, rear differential, or possibly just wind howl. However, the sound/vibration always reappears at the same speed. If anyone can help me determine if my truck is the only one doing this, I would appreciate it. Also, when the engine is running and I stand near the front of the truck, I hear a clicking sound that seems to come from the belt. It can be heard on one side, then the other side, seeming to travel with the belt. If anyone could give me a hand/clue as to what these issues are, or if they are in fact issues, I will greatly appreciate it. ....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You might want to check the exhaust downpipe bracket. It breaks real easily and it causes a bad resonance, usually just off idle though.

Tim

·
Registered
692 Posts
if you have a 6.0l there is a tech info bulliten to install (exhaust weights) to the tail pipe to rid the
noise this is per tech assist, weights look lick little
can's and sound like they have sand in them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts