·
Registered
228 Posts
Are you looking to get rid of those?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually after a bout with a holesaw, they will be on my truck.

Here's the idea..

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Whats the hole saw for?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Joey D said:
Whats the hole saw for?

I'm assuming the H2 wheels don't have a big enough hole for the hub.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hole hawg and a 4 3/4 hole saw fits into the center hole. There's a wider portion that acts as a guide. They ar4e saying the lugcentric method works fine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
DANG! Those look pretty spiffy on a dodge....who'd a thunk?Edited by: DURAMAXED03

·
Registered
125 Posts
How much did ya give for em? Where'd ya get em? What's the ply and load rating?

·
Registered
754 Posts
D rated, 3195lbs at 50psi (tire)

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to keep the originals for those times whar dealers insist on diagnosing with them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just picked up a set myself, I was going to buy on ebay $800 shipped, then I called the local Hummer dealer. They had take offs, wheels and tires for $100 each, ony 30 minutes away. Went and got em. I cannot find the 4 3/4" hole saw though, I have called everywhere. Looks like Grainger is the only place, Starrett, $47 though, seems pricey. Hoot, have you found one anywhere cheaper?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bertram65 said:
Just picked up a set myself, I was going to buy on ebay $800 shipped, then I called the local Hummer dealer. They had take offs, wheels and tires for $100 each, ony 30 minutes away. Went and got em. I cannot find the 4 3/4" hole saw though, I have called everywhere. Looks like Grainger is the only place, Starrett, $47 though, seems pricey. Hoot, have you found one anywhere cheaper?
$100 each is a steal....!!!! Good going!

I also had trouble finding a 4 3/4 hole saw. I work in a machine shop so I decided to throw them up on the big Cincinnatti CNC.... and bore or mill depending on the operator.

I measured the bore of the stock wheels. 4.774
The front hub measured 4.767.

That's .007" clearance. That's close. .0035 per side. On the other hand, when installing the lug nuts, they look to line up perfectly up with the chamfers in the wheels. In addition, tires arent that perfect so even if your wheels were true to .001 which is crazy, tires could be off a whole lot more.

I do beleive a hole saw cut will be sufficient but since I have access, I'm taking advantage of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts