Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOrry wasnt sure where toput this thread...

BUT....Im having major 1093 problems. Big drop off in rail pressure (like down to 12,000 PSI when commanded is 23,055). I just changed my fuel filter and it maybe helped a little bit. Im running dual Kennedy Diesel lift pumps, a Nicktane, stock fuel pickup, and a the PPE Extreme tune. The Edge is hooked up, but only on ZERO. I can make it 1093 just rolling into it on the highway. The more you pop the releif valve, does it get weaker? Mine sucks!! It pops all the time. At least I think thats whats happening. Is there any alternative to Kennedy's fuel filter pressure gauge? Id like to give him the buisness, but I jsut cant justify spending 100+ dollars if im only gonna use it once to test and see what my low pressure fuel is doing...

--Ben

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Shim it, be done with it. It shouldn't get weaker but remember you are running more power now. Yours is doing what mine was doing before I shimmed it. It was undrivable at those power levels.

Git-r-done!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ben,

I thought you had already shimmed your FPRV??

If you haven't you have done a trans yourself, the shim mod is easy!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ben
Do you notice any correlation to the level of fuel in your tank and the ease at which 1093's occur? I seem to get fewer 1093's when my tank is full.

An electrical fuel pressure sending unit similar to Autometer p/n 2275 or any 0-15psi sending unit with 0-5v output used as an analog input to the Flashscan cable would be awesome for logging fuel delivery problems.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I definetly throw them even easier when my tank is low. I havent really done an accurate test but from "fun" driving, having the lift pumps on or off does not make a difference.

No my PRV is not shimmed. Getting that blasted thing LOOSE is whats holding me back! I really need to just suck it up and do battle with it... Thanks for the help everyone.

-Ben

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Dunno, I've run some pretty healthy custom tunes on mine w/o 1093 issues and no shim...

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
All trucks are different. Mine was pretty bad, sounds like Ben has a bad one too. I could 1093 it at will before the shim.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: what tunes are you running Tx? Im curious because I think some are much more 1093-prone than others.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Definately some are more prone then others!

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
he can only build 12,000psi because his fuel rail pressure relief valve is popping.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
my injectors are fine. The highest balance rate is #4, which only reads -3.0 at idle, in park. I think if my injectors were leaking so much that the CP3 could only build 12,000 PSI, my truck would smoke like no other at idle, and maybe even hydrolock itself. Hopefully that will never happen!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
midwest had done some tests on the FPRV and said they varied quite a bit on their spring tension. I sent him a brand new one and he said it was one of the worst he'd seen. I had mine shimmed and have yet to set another P1093 code. Now it's time for lift pumps.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I have found that with the 135 and the BS I can 0735 and 0700 the tranny rolling heaving into the throttle from 70-80mph in 5th.

The 135 alone or the 110 with BS will not limp it, and I have tried, believe me :)

It seems with the 135 and BS it holds 5th where the other two combos it downshifts to 4th. The BS pumps up the bottom end enough with the 135 that it outdoes the tranny.

·
Registered
777 Posts
1093 's

i can run the edge , 5/5 w/bs or predator 100 / bs or va 180 ........ no 1093's for me !!!! also any of those tunes with a 5th gear wot :D thanx to my suncoast v :p: lovin every day with the (lly)truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mine use to 1093 at will. I bought a new Bosch valve and installed it. I had the removed valve shimmed with the intention of installing it. I haven't been able to throw a 1093 since installing the new valve so I still haven't installed the shimmed valve.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts