Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
VERY COOL #'s SmokinMax. What kind of Dyno was it?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
add a healthy shot of propane along with the stack..............and thats where Im at

·
Registered
10,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
are they all dodges?......wish they at least would post the type of truck.....awesome numbers

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
everything was dodge.... except 1 7.3 ford 1 sicksliter ford and 3 DMX's

not too shabby... now all i need is a tranny to hold it all!

i was 2/3 throttle in 4th just to be safe!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Smokin Max,

Good numbers. Mainly interested in your 5" stacks. Got any pics. Would love to see it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
got juice
you did this with a duramax or what........stock tranny would not begin to hold those numbers.........or it was a spike...........?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I agree Dave.....I think it was a spike.

This guy realizes what a spike is:

"i made 490's consistantly with juice and a friend (no drugs) one fifth gear shift had a #### of a spike up to 554 it leveled out only a second then droped back in the 490's....but it was at a whopping 140 mph!!!"......copied from Edges Forums

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
sdaver said:
got juice
you did this with a duramax or what........stock tranny would not begin to hold those numbers.........or it was a spike...........?

no spike... stock auto tranny.... i did it in 4th gear 2/3 throttle. Juice was starting to defuel beyond that hp level so i basically held it at 2/3 for a nice smooth dyno plot. here is some linkage for ya!

http://www.nwbombers.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=2e5ed736f347e35b70b3aed1e428c321;act=ST;f=21;t=4449

and on the tdr

http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=443303ba063da893f686970c9382bea9&threadid=82829

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hey thats smokin.......the other 1/3 would put you around 822..........have you made a 1/8 or 1/4 mile pass will 5th hold............why would any one need a transmission if stock will hold 544?...........not to be so skeptical it just seems like a lot..........daveEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
sdaver said:
hey thats smokin.......the other 1/3 would put you around 822..........have you made a 1/8 or 1/4 mile pass will 5th hold............why would any one need a transmission if stock will hold 544?...........not to be so skeptical it just seems like a lot..........dave

If you want the number go to PDR and look at the figures. you can call it like you see it and allude i am lying, don't candy coat it .tell it like it is.

I NEVER said 5th gear would hold it in fact that is why i was careful in 4th. Instead of trying to malign me, go pee up a rope... 822...give me a break. Besides i have nothing to prove to you. The dyno run speaks for itself, and there were around 150 people there watching.

The only reason i am here is jess invited me to join in, and after talking to him i figured people on here would be less judgemental, as they are at NWBOMBERS..... so far this has not proven to be the case

Edited by: Got Juice?

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Actually, i was fighting a slight defuel during the run. if i do end up getting a tranny, i believe this combo will be good for around 570 hp

but at the rate egt's climb, a bigger turbo is also on the must do list!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Got Juice what is a BDPP 155.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Bully Dog Power Programmer in 155hp flavour

looks the same as the quad module

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
pee up a rope thats a good one....I have to admit thats 40 hp higher than any i have ever seen(without drugs).....just seems unbelievable....saw the nwbombers post......were any correction factors used......I wish we lived closer I would gladly pay for the dyno and a repeat performance....what kind of dyno........why is not jess trying this stack........hey post the dyno sheet would love to see the curve.........

·
Registered
494 Posts
That combo must be awesome.

Stock truck 240 to 260 rwhp

Edge 125

BDPP 155

Total 540 You got 544.

They must compliment each other well to get more gain than advertised out of both of them.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
give me your fax#...my scanner is out for the moment (operator error)

the dyno is the new (australian made iIIRC) dyno dynamics.

sweet unit too.. you calibrate the zero-point to vehicle rpm.... NO TIRE SLIPPAGE AT ALL...... the test was done ASL with OAT of 27 centigrade and 18%RH

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
CPMac said:
That combo must be awesome.

Stock truck 240 to 260 rwhp

Edge 125

BDPP 155

Total 540 You got 544.

They must compliment each other well to get more gain than advertised out of both of them.

I would suppose so, although i am a far cry from a diesel expert here, the numbers speak for themselves. I will Fax a copy of the chart to Sdaver and he can post it if he sees fit.

1 - 20 of 339 Posts