Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for quite awhile. I'm starting to shop for my next truck, probably a diesel, and trying to learn as much as I can. Having always driven a gasser, diesels seem to be more "high maintenance" in the immortal words of Billy Crystal. Is that accurate? Do diesels take more care and feeding?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Been lurking here for quite awhile. I'm starting to shop for my next truck, probably a diesel, and trying to learn as much as I can. Having always driven a gasser, diesels seem to be more "high maintenance" in the immortal words of Billy Crystal. Is that accurate? Do diesels take more care and feeding?
Welcome to the Diesel Place. No diesels take less maint. than a gas engine. There is less to go wrong. No spark plugs. no Smog checks and much more powerfull. Just for kicks you should go to a dealer and drive a couple. I was sure I would buy a Ford when I started looking in 99 and ended up with a Dodge. I will never go back to gas. Good luck and have fun shopping. ;)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get your rig, create a signature showing your truck options and modifications so users can help you easier. Also, create a "Garage" and post some pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts