Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would my truck run if i removed the cat and exhaust completely..
its a 05 lly..
just wondering... if it's a :badidea:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I would destroy the underside of your truck, soot everywhere. Not sure about detrimental affects to your engine. Most states require that your exhaust exits behind the cab for safety reasons. Not sure about Nevada, but in most states completely illegal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how woould the truck run stright piped w/o cat & exhaust

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Mine runs great without the muffler or kitty!:ro)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do i know if i need the finger sticks?
any way i check if i need it before i buy it?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you pull your cat there is a possibility that you might not need it if you have a federal emmisions truck. If you have a CA emmissions truck I belive that you definately will need one. I would get the EGR blocker plate and Fingers stick anyhow. The Fingers stick is cheap insurance, anyone with a code reader will be able to see if you are setting any EGR codes. Places like Auto Zone could even read the codes for you with their Actron scanners.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Mine didn't throw any codes w/o the cat w/o the stick, but it is still a good idea. It is a pretty cheap fix that can save you a lot of time.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Mine didn't throw a code either with just the cat removed, but once I put in the blocker plate it did.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
whats a blocker plate?
will my truck still pass smog w/o both?
how does your truck run performance wise and mpg?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Okay, My turn to chime in, My entire exhaust on My LLY is the factory downpipe, an MBRP 4" frontpipe and a 45* 4" elbow to aim the smoke out from under the truck. This puts the exhaust out from under the cab to keep in kinda sorta moreso legal than it would be otherwise. It sounds good, and isnt tht loud until you get on it, then it wails like a banshee.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You will love it. It is loud only when you want it to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its really loud!!! -:t I had the summitt racing 5" bolt on kit. Didnt have time to have it welded before i went hunting in colorado. need less to say i didnt have much of the kit left when i got home. Finaly fixed it after 3 months,dont know why i waited so long and the bottom of my truck isnt black anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.