Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the power extending heated mirrors on my '04. Since it is getting warm again, is there a way to turn off the heated part? When ever it rains, or I hose off the truck, the mirrors (since their heated) immediatelys dry the water and leaves water spots

Plus, I don't think I'll run into any frost anytime soon. Is there a fuse you can pull to turn off the heater?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I thought they only turned on if you were using the rear window defroster. At least that's how I thought they worked. Edited by: Darin Billing

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think Darin is right.

IIRC, the owner's manual says they only come on with the rear window defrost, unless you don't have that, then I don't know what accuates them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine are only on when the rear window defroster is turned on. I suspect they are just drying quickly - I doubt the heat is actually on.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yep, you must turn on the Rear Window Defroster to activate the heating elements. They are not like full time 4wd, on all the time.

For the spots, Try Windex, it works wonders!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought that changed in 03. When the mirror selector switch is in the middle, the heated mirror indicator lights up. I think the heater is on when the light is on. I just leave the right mirror selected.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
bigRazor, when that light is for your retractable mirrors. When it is on you mirrors will extend by pushing left or right.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I STRONGLY suggest, that you open your glove box, and take a look at the neat little book in there
, with all the words and pictures. It's called an owner's manual, and it explains in detail, the operation of the many neat features found on our trucks.

Read It, Know It, Follow It!

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Boy do I feel like an idiot. From a distance that light looks like the heated mirror light on my 2001 Suburban. Up close it looks entirely different. DOH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts