Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got a noise coming from my blower motor on low. So I am going to remove blower and lubricate as needed. I have a rubber type boot around the blower that requires ECM be removed before it will pull off. I have removed 2 screws on the ECM and still cannot seem to get the centre rubber mount to pull free (if it is supposed to?) to allow removal of the rubber boot on the blower. Help Please...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
OK I got a noise coming from my blower motor on low. So I am going to remove blower and lubricate as needed. I have a rubber type boot around the blower that requires ECM be removed before it will pull off. I have removed 2 screws on the ECM and still cannot seem to get the centre rubber mount to pull free (if it is supposed to?) to allow removal of the rubber boot on the blower. Help Please...
That rubber boot will come completely out. I changed my blower motor a couple years back in my '95, too. ECM just unplugs and slips out. There are a couple clips holding it in place. Then you'll have access to the tiny screws that hold the top of that boot in place. I think it takes a 7mm socket to get at them. There's some other thing on top of the ECM I had to push up on to see the screw way back in the back. Not much room to work in there. It's REAL tough to get at, but it's back there. I've seen where people have cut the boot off with a razor, but I wouldn't do that, unless the extra noise won't bother you.

Incidentally, if you end up replacing the blower, I'd recommend an OEM part instead of aftermarket. I replaced the blower in my truck and Suburban within a couple months of each other. Burb got aftermarket first. After I realized how noisy it was, I went with OEM on mine. Can't even hear the OEM blower.

SnowDrift

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it out... ECM sits on a shelf... Ecm comes out, shelf (black plastic) does not. ECM was stuck to the shelf on some kind of sticky stuff....I mean real stuck.. but I finally got it out. As for the blower I just lubed it up with some light oil, hopefully it will be ok. I agree with OEM blower as I cannot hear it on any setting but low. It was chattering. seems ok now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts