Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

Do you have any tricks for getting the fuel smell out of my truck? It's pretty strong.

Chris

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Chris... Poor gas in it! LOL, no more diesel smell

Have the carpets and spill areas steam cleaned,then a quality detail shop will have an 'ozone machine' I dont know if thats the proper name for it, but was a box on the wall with a hose that looked like flexible dryer duct. put in winder and sealed off gap with towel and let it run overnight. GOOD as new. Fabreeze might be an option also... First step though is to get rid of excess... Not a good situation your dealer did, thats still burns me

Eric

·
Registered
61 Posts
As a former diesel submariner, I can tell you that diesel smell is the most pervasive odor known to man. I've carried new tee shirts still in sealed plastic on a 6 month deployment and after taking the unopened package home and opening it up - the shirt smelled like diesel. That's why I'm far more careful where I step when refueling and if the nozzle looks wet I wear throwaway gloves. I swear it's easier to deodorize a skunk sprayed dog than the cab of a Chevy hit with a good dose of diesel on the floor.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Hey Tony ======> Fabreeze

Where's Shawn,he could tell them,the odor eater .....

Mac

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to pressure wash the mats this weekend and leave them in the sun for a day or so. I'll pick up some Fabreeze as well.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Just be happy you didn't have a fuel rail leak that covered your truck in diesel

i took a while, but she finally doesn't smell anymore..

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diesel Power,

You are not kidding on that one. My two leaks (cutting in my lift pump and installing my Mega) mostly hit the ground. There is always a worse position to be in. I try to stay half full.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've never used that Febreeze stuff on a diesel spill, but that stuff does really work. We used it once to de-fume our camper after the mice had a LITERAL hay day in there. It really did work...

cadman_ks

·
Registered
490 Posts
If anyone is interested in the Ozone Generators that dmaxalliTech was refering to, they sell them at http://www.mold-kill.com I have the 800 model. We use it in the house, camper, in vehicles. Works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts