Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have picked out the set of wheels I want for my 2005 3500 DRW: Weld Evo Velociti 8 Performance Wheels.

When I put the wheels on the back do I keep the stock rim on the inside, and how do I account for different size/width of wheels. (performance VS. stock)

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
You will need to get a set of wheels for a dually IIRC... I think a few have done what you are talking about doing but I don't think it is that easy...

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I have picked out the set of wheels I want for my 2005 3500 DRW: Weld Evo Velociti 8 Performance Wheels.

When I put the wheels on the back do I keep the stock rim on the inside, and how do I account for different size/width of wheels. (performance VS. stock)
Your to vague on the size.16's?How wide of a tire are you going to run?Did you stay with the stock off-set?

If you answered yes and are going to run nothing wider that a 235/85 ,run the steel in the back.You will have to if the custom rims are Aluminum do to the thickness.The studs will be to short to run two.If you have changed the offset on the new wheels and are running something wider then you will need a spacer.I wouldn't recommend running anything over a 235/85 on a dually stock rim.The stock rim is 6".

Your only other option is to buy two more Custom wheels and run the tire size you want and YOU WILL NEED spacers.The inside rim will get wasted if you don't periodically remove and clean although.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts