Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know were I can go to find instruction on installing the 6 gun with speedloader. How much different is it then the edge with the atittude? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
none it is the same , you cant plug the wrong ends in to each other. The egt probe is the same install also . The switch is simular too , you just have to chose where you run it

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none it is the same , you cant plug the wrong ends in to each other. The egt probe is the same install also . The switch is simular too , you just have to chose where you run it
Can the box be mounted under the hood? I have bin reading somthing about egt,does it read egt for saftey? Can you hook guages to the same probe?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
yes it can be mounted under the hood , BUT it is a lot more susceptible to the elements than the edge as the plugs in to the six gun are in the open air (not the big ones that go to the harness , the ones that go to the unit) . It does read for egts and such with the speed loader or the pda unit and has back down. WITH THAT BEING SAID , IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD TOWING BOX AND A OCASIONAL HOTROD BOX THEN YOU WILL BE OK , BUT BETTER POWER CAN BE HAD FOR LESS $$$.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Give Banks a call. They will give you a link to download installation manuals. I did when I had questions. Do not have the link anymore or I would post it.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wyomax,
I've been trying to refrain from posting remarks like my previous, but every time someone comes on this site and asks about the Six-Gun from Banks, it gets pointed out that they should go a different route. It gets a little old. No pissing contest intended. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If everyone had the same set-up it would get quite boring. There is more than one way to skin a cat (or straight-pipe).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Wyomax,
I've been trying to refrain from posting remarks like my previous, but every time someone comes on this site and asks about the Six-Gun from Banks, it gets pointed out that they should go a different route. It gets a little old. No pissing contest intended. Let us know how you like it.
:iamwithst

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hey, how about this...why don't we start a thread where all the Banks basher's can go in there and get their Little dick syndrom off their chest, it really does get old, all these people coming into Bank's threads and bashing. I don't recall anybody going into Edge threads and pissing all over them....

OH and MOD's can you make it a stickey too......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Hey, how about this...why don't we start a thread where all the Banks basher's can go in there and get their Little dick syndrom off their chest, it really does get old, all these people coming into Bank's threads and bashing. I don't recall anybody going into Edge threads and pissing all over them....

seems like to me the people that bash banks had them and went to edge (or anything else) and they liked it better for whatever reason

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

I don't know if you are talking about me or not, but I wasn't bashing, just asking.

I never had the Six Gun, so I don't personaly know how it performs. But with that being said, I would never buy it because of all the negitive things you read about it here. Over priced for the performance it delivers is the main complaint I see.

So if he does a lot of reading on here, he would have likely seen some of the complaints. So thats why I asked. ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I don't know if you are talking about me or not, but I wasn't bashing, just asking.

I never had the Six Gun, so I don't personaly know how it performs. But with that being said, I would never buy it because of all the negitive things you read about it here. Over priced for the performance it delivers is the main complaint I see.

So if he does a lot of reading on here, he would have likely seen some of the complaints. So thats why I asked. ;)
Let's compare the Edge Juice w/A2 monitor and the Banks Six-Gun w/PDA. What is the price difference? I suspect not much. And then after we figure that out, we can strap both to a dyno on a truck with a built transmission and compare those numbers also. After that is said and done, we can evaluate the "overpriced for the performance" statement made above.:rant:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts

No, I wasn't singleing you, or anyone out....Just the Banks bashing crowd in a whole...

The sentence in red really sums it up for me though, Its the people that have NEVER run a Banks system that bash it, that really pisses me off....:mad: its the whole bandwagon thing, everyone else is bashing them, so why don't I....:rolleyes:

What compells someone to click the post reply button every time they see a Banks thread just to bash and put down, is beyond me....:confused:

Like I said, must be the little man syndrom....i dunno...still :confused:

I have never gone into an edge thread and bad mouthed, and i'm sure scotty hasn't either. He is on every Banks thread defending them....

That being said, I have the Banks, there isn't anything wrong with it.

• Will I have it forever? Prolly not, I want a trans. someday and will go with another tune that doesn't have trans protection.:D
  • Does it do what I want it too? Phuckin' A right it does....I can get on it when I want, and when I pull a trailer I don't have to worry about frying my tranny right now.....:cool:
  • Is it the best and strongest tuner? NOPE sure isn't but thats not what everyone is out for.....;)
What else you wanna know????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Let's compare the Edge Juice w/A2 monitor and the Banks Six-Gun w/PDA. What is the price difference? I suspect not much. And then after we figure that out, we can strap both to a dyno on a truck with a built transmission and compare those numbers also. After that is said and done, we can evaluate the "overpriced for the performance" statement made above.:rant:
id like to see that

1 - 20 of 33 Posts