Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take my truck to the dealer and don't want them to see the E/A what's the best way to hide the Attitude? Mine is in the overhead center pocket and not easy to pull. Anyone make a cover or got any ideas?? Doeas everyone do a complete uninstall and pull all the wires?? :eek:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thats probably the safest way. A 1/2 hour taking it out can save you alot of headaches if the dealer sees it and decides not to honor your warrenty. I would remove it all for piece of mind but its up to you.

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
it sucks but you will have to remove the unit. my dealer is cool and doesnt care if you have a chip installed. guess im lucky

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got mine back from the dealer and they ordered me 4 injectors they had no problem with the chip. They told me they see it with the chips and without chips they would rather keep the customer happy than pissed off:D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The chips don't cause injector failure. Its like saying if you turn your sink on all the way it will make it leak. Chips don't cause corrosion. Corrosion is why the injectors are failing. Now the tranny is a diifferent issue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Even if you hid your monitor anyone with a brain will see once they open the hood that things arn't hooked up stock. Why take the chance of voding your warranty that will last for ever when just a few minutes of your time will be well worth not getting your self into somthing you wish you hadn't gotten your self into.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1MadBadMax;1563075; said:
Even if you hid your monitor anyone with a brain will see once they open the hood that things arn't hooked up stock. Why take the chance of voding your warranty that will last for ever when just a few minutes of your time will be well worth not getting your self into somthing you wish you hadn't gotten your self into.
I don't mind unplugging the Juice as that's pretty quick. The monitor is hard installed and not easy to pull. That's what I'm really trying to cover up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
well why cover it up your harness for it still lays there. One or the other it's still the same thing setting there and there not dumb if the harness lays there your taking a chance your going to regret cuz once they void you there's no going back. My dealer doesn't care but when it went in for a new turbo the mechanic told me to take every thing out so when the front office looked at it there was nothing to draw unwanted attention to the truck. You must not read enough of the horror stories here from people fighting to get things done and the dealer giving them a hard time.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Bottom Line: The best way to hide it is to put it in a box in your closet :cool:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've pulled the module from under the hood when I had the edge hooked up. Then I tucked the monitor up under the center console.

I did a clean install on the monitor and how the wire was routed, and it was a PITA to get back out with removing zip ties, and not having to take the dash apart. Also, I went through an existing hole in the firewall with a big grommet already there, easier to get in than out.

Like others have said. If you're that worried about it, I'd remove the whole thing.

-Chris

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
I've been debating the same thing for aftermarket warranty work on my trans. From all the stories I hear, I think it's in everybodies best interest to remove the aftermarket stuff. I plan on removing the J/A, probe, cold air intake, and even getting some 245's put on for now. My dealer wouldn't mind, nor my trans man, but if a messenger is sent out to inspect I think it's worth my while. I paid for the warranty, I'll be dam*ed if I can't use it up-right?

·
Registered
56 Posts
stupid question,but if you remove the probe, what do you plug it with?

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
there is a brass cap or plug you can put in

·
Registered
459 Posts
What size is the port for the EGT probe with the Edge?

Need to pick-up a plug for it in case I need to pull it out. I'ld probably just leave the wires loose and claim I never got around to hooking up the EGT gauge.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DuneMe;1572583; said:
What size is the port for the EGT probe with the Edge?

Need to pick-up a plug for it in case I need to pull it out. I'ld probably just leave the wires loose and claim I never got around to hooking up the EGT gauge.
They'd have a real tough time denying a claim based on a gauge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts