Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Rough Country EXO winch bumper that comes with an LED bar. I intend to wire to one of the batteries and then route to the dashboard.

My question is: how do I get the wire thru the firewall? Do I drill a hole? If so, where and how big?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I would suggest trying to get it through one of the existing grommets. Might be easier to push a rod through, then put a hook on the rod, then pull the wire through using the hook on the rod.

If you do drill a new hole, first find a grommet that fits the wire snugly, then drill the hole to fit the grommet. This keeps engine fumes/exhaust gasses out of the cab and prevents the wire from rubbing through and shorting out against the body.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Most people with the LML go through the floor board on drivers side where the e-brake cable comes through.
And the bundle below the brake cylinder.

2011-2016 DSP5 Switch install
Step 7. To fish through the firewall. (We use the hood latch release cable hole to fish the wire through to get inside the cab. (Pushing the hood latch release cable grommet in using your fingers will allow for enough room to run your wire through the firewall into the driver’s floor board. A flash light will be handy. Also we removed the fender support bracket for easier access)

Google “duramax LML Firewall access for wires” or something similar. Lots to read

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Most people with the LML go through the floor board on drivers side where the e-brake cable comes through.
I did the same thing on my L5P when I wired my aux. fuel tank solenoid and my rearview camera for my 5th wheel. When I was done, I used RTV on the hole in the boot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts