Diesel Place banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Subscribed!!!

What is the lifespan of the "new" Bosch injectors? Are they really "fixed", or do they only last about the same as the originals?

·
Registered
2002 Silverado 2500HD ECSB 8.1L 4x4
215 Posts
Subscribed!!!

What is the lifespan of the "new" Bosch injectors? Are they really "fixed", or do they only last about the same as the originals?
Seems like overall, the lifespan is 80-90K, more if you're lucky. The problem definitely is not "fixed", unfortunately for us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UGH... not really what I wanted to hear.

I love my truck, but not so much right now :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
UGH... not really what I wanted to hear.

I love my truck, but not so much right now :(
I hear ya. I figure, I'll hope for the best, the next time the injectors start to take a dump, the truck gets sold and I cut my losses and move on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear ya. I figure, I'll hope for the best, the next time the injectors start to take a dump, the truck gets sold and I cut my losses and move on.

Yup.:ditto:

·
Registered
825 Posts
What's up

In all seriousness, it is not nearly as hard as the write up makes it sound.

I went to a lot of detail, but it ain't hard when you start taking things apart.
Your sig indicates that you are a supporting vendor/site sponsor, yet when I went to the vendor listing, you aren't there. What's up?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your sig indicates that you are a supporting vendor/site sponsor, yet when I went to the vendor listing, you aren't there. What's up?
Titus sold the business to Brent. LDS still exists, but under different ownership.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow! I just installed a set of Bosch remans from Brent @ Linclon Diesel. I have a Cal-emissions LB7 and it took me about 16 hours with the valve adjustments with the help of these instructions and pix. I had to deal with all the EGR and vacuum system crud on the passenger side, so it took a little longer. Thank GOD, I did not pull any cups. All but two injectors came out with pulling with vise grips and twisting. On the other two, I pryed under the return line inlet and they popped right out. This is NOT a difficult job, it simply just takes time to get all the "stuff" off the heads.

I did find something interesting- when I removed the passenger side injectors, all four were in much worse condition (inside and out) than the drivers side. It makes me wonder if the stealership only did the drivers side on my last warranty injector job for all eight.

Brent- Thanks for a great deal on the injectors- $1699 for injectors + $800 cores + $75 for credit card fee. I sent the cores back and am awaiting the check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just finished doing all 8 of my injectors and man what a godsend this article is. Awesome write up. Definitely wouldn't have tried to do the job on my own without it. Told the guys at work I was doing this and they looked at me like I was nuts!! Took a little longer then I expected but I also did the intake horn mod and remote fuel filter set up as well. Had a few issues on start up but nothing too major. Doing the job myself saved me around 3grand. Thanks again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just started to dig into my LB7 today.

Man oh man I think the hardest part so far is getting that damn wiring harness undone.

Got my injectors from injectorsdirect. Lines and master fuel filter head kit from merchant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I'm doing both injectors and head gasket are there certain procedures/ techniques that I need to be aware of different than just combining both procedures together?

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is a awesome write up i only got one question i found a web sit where they sell bigger nozzles witch is sooo much cheaper then changing the whole thing, how is do they come apart??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I just talked to Brent and told him my sad tale of fuel in oil. Looks like after the weekend I order the remans and get started.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just did this job on my brother's LB7. Just a couple things:

For the return line with banjo bolts ... they are TORX PLUS type, not hex head or the standard torx type. If you don't use the torx plus type bit to remove/tighten the banjo bolts, chance is, you may have deformed/cam-ed out the heads. We had to buy a few replacements at the stealership. I believe the torx plus bit size was 30. I would recommend them in 3/8" drive.

The double banded hose clamp that attach the vent hose to top of each upper valve cover were a complete PITA to remove. It's like there is a second clamp that snap over the other clamp to lock them in place or something. What exactly are they called and how are you supposed to remove them without destroying them? I spent 20 minutes fighting & trying to figure them out and decided to "screw them" and replaced with typical hose clamps found at any hardware store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Injector replacement done!

Just finished up the weekend project of replacing my LB7 calif emissions injectors. Hopefully the new ones from Bosch are made to last! Dealer did them 30k & 3 1/2 years ago. Its nice to pocket the savings that the dealership wanted for this job. Many thanks to all who provided insight and great details for this task!:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most excellent write up. I found a used truck for sale today that was well below market because of the cost of doing this, so I thought I would do a google search to see if anyone had a DIY and here I found a gold mine :) In reading the thread I was thinking that while you are in there a couple of common items could be replaced and little extra effort and cost. Thermostat, water hoses, water pump (might be a bit more of a challenge), belts. Just some common things that will most likely go out on you with higher mileage vehicles we all hope these will be. The one I am looking at is 217k miles and I do not know the service history yet, but again, when you have this taken down this far and the fluids drained you might as well?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
For those subscribed who could not see the pictures, we've fixed that issue.

Bump for those who need it.

Special thanks to, Diaric

61 - 80 of 86 Posts