Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build my own DSP5 switch. I assume each position is a different resistance value, correct? What resistance should they be?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody....:secret:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I'm not sure if EFILive or the vendors that they're letting sell the DSP5 switches want that information published ;). I'd PM Guy Tripp (Trippin) or Ross at EFILive (Flashscan) and ask.

E

·
0 Posts
The spec to create switches will be included in the documentation when DSP5 is released. This way Ross won't get asked a heap of support questions on a function we don't yet support so he can concentrate on getting the product to our users.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Well, considering the switches are out now and we are just waiting on the final ok from the beta testers I thought I would at least post a link to the new DSP2 and DSP5 installation tutorial.

Unfortunately you won't yet be able to use some of the software features shown in the tutorial, however, it does show the details of the switches and also the pin connections for those that want to start wiring.
I have not yet gone over this document with a fine tooth comb so don't be surprised if there is a spelling mistake or two.
Go to - http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7
Then look for the DSP5 tutorial.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
791 Posts
Cool, time to get the wires, contacts as well as the soldering iron out !

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
awesome ross!! I like the launch control thing. One application I can think of using it as when you are not racing is maybe wire in a relay somehow to the reverse lights? One of the annoying things is that the allison has such a low reverse gear that its really hard to back up smoothely if you have bigger than a stock tune, so when the reverse lights go on, it could trigger the launch control mode to severely limit throttle.....or is that not how it works???

ben

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
DURAtotheMAX;1605398; said:
awesome ross!! I like the launch control thing. One application I can think of using it as when you are not racing is maybe wire in a relay somehow to the reverse lights? One of the annoying things is that the allison has such a low reverse gear that its really hard to back up smoothely if you have bigger than a stock tune, so when the reverse lights go on, it could trigger the launch control mode to severely limit throttle.....or is that not how it works???

ben
This would be difficult, but doable. One way would be to have a set of 5 relays, one for each resistor, and then you could have anything trigger each relay for whichever resistor you wanted. You'd have to make sure you used diodes in the relay trip circuit, otherwise you could definately have issues with feedback. Also, you'd want to make sure that no two relays would be tripped at the same time. The resistance over the contacts in the relays could also become an issue if you were using really poor quality or heavy duty relays.

That way, any source you have (such as reverse lights) could be used to trigger any DSP5 position, or, DSP5 position could be triggered by a selector switch (of which each position trips one relay).

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Ross,
What is the largest tolerance on the voltages the ECM sees that we can get away with?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You can set the tolerance up, you can change the voltage for each DSP position in the calibrations.
As it is now it just need to fall anywhere between the two voltage switch points. So if you have one set for 1.00V and the other for 2.00V then a switch that produces 1.25, 1.39, 1.42, 1.78 etc will work, it's not too critical but you want to give your self some headroom, so have a switch that produces 1.05V might not be a good choice.
This is also why we want to use the GND pin on the ECM and not somewhere in the cab because it eliminates and potential ground differences.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Flashscan;1628340; said:
You can set the tolerance up, you can change the voltage for each DSP position in the calibrations.
As it is now it just need to fall anywhere between the two voltage switch points. So if you have one set for 1.00V and the other for 2.00V then a switch that produces 1.25, 1.39, 1.42, 1.78 etc will work, it's not too critical but you want to give your self some headroom, so have a switch that produces 1.05V might not be a good choice.
This is also why we want to use the GND pin on the ECM and not somewhere in the cab because it eliminates and potential ground differences.

Cheers,
Ross
Not something I'll try but I was just curious. That is neat you can have the flexibility if you want. I'm with you on the ground connection. Thanks Ross!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts