Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the lower front facia come off the 03.
.? I had a look at it yesterday and it looks like you almost have to break the plasic clips.. Does anyone have a trick to getting this off..? I'm installing a set of fogs and I can't bolt them up without taking it of.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
There are instructions in the manual some were i believe.

Basicly the center button guys pops completely out and then you can squeeze the remaining clip together and pop it outa place. They are a 2 peice deal. Its bacicly the same set up to remove the clips that hold the grill in, the guys you gota remove to get the snaps for the winter cover on. although you might not have done that in Texas yet

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope - no winter front in Texas! yet - or ever :) I will need it when I got to Michigan for Christmas though. Anyway - I had another look last night - I got the centers out to first lock (If you know what I mean) but for the life of me I couldn't get the other part to go through the hole.. I think I'm going to have to stop by a buddies shop tonight and get help
- I feel like such an a** for not being able to get this off..
Thanks for the help.

Bl'n

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I had to use a thin bladed screwdriver to pop the big part out. You will notice there actually is a raised portion that allows you to get the blade under it.

Somebody, forget who, made a tool out of some sort of pliers.

Edited by: hoot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts