Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone to suncoast and got the triple disc, transgo, and clutches... I just installed the attitude 145 yesterday.. Tried it out today.. I know my tranny isn't right.. As soon as I got home after the trans upgrade, Joe told me to bring it back when I could, and he would fix it... Third gear was like speed shifting a stickshift before... I set the attitude not to defuel inbetween shifts today.. I tried three 1/4 mile pulls.. First time, third gear just reved, didn't pull.. Showed 92% slippage when I let off it (shortly after it shifted into that gear).. The second and third times were very lazy and jerky shifts... The shift from fourth to fifth was good.. It pulled hard in both of those gears as well... Tirespin was a bad problem, though it posted a 14.4 at 103 and a 14.4 at 102... (I know those traps must be high)

Is anyone else having sloppy shifts with the tranny upgrade, or is it just me?? I had heard others say it should shift like a stock tranny, just a more firm?? The attitude is showing slippage in the 30-40% range just under normal driving..

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, that was with the stock tires in 2wd...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You should be allowing the tranny to adjust to the extra 145 hp. I would think the shifts will get better after you let the tranny adapt. I can't see you having a problem with 3rd and not with 5th. If there was a problem, I think you would notice it in both 3rd and 5th. Give it a few days of driving in the 145....then re-evaluate.

George

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
One other thing....if you are doing this in regular mode and not in tow/haul....you should see slippage as the converter is not locked in 3rd gear. Do the same thing in tow/haul and watch for slipping. I would venture to say you will see none.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There should be no slippage ..... Suncoast will work with you ....

Which level did you go with ?? What type of relearn did you go thru ?? Only at stock power levels ?? Did you go from stock power to an additional 145 HP and put the wood to it all at once ??

Regardless of stock or High Performance the tranny still has to adapt to additional power .... This may or may not be part of your problem ,just a suggestion .... The possibility is still there you may just have to fast learn the tranny and there is no internal damage ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
anytime you change power levels you should give the tranny time to acclimate to the new power level.......the allison is still adaptive even with the upgrade....drive several starts and stops light throttle 4 or 5 several moderate and then full throttle......I see slippage with the torque convertor unlocked but once it locks the most I have ever seen is .8.......My tranny was updated the wed. before thanksgiving to level 5. We cleared all tap cells with the tech2 and started the tranny into fast learn. The tranny began to adapt and got smoother with with each series. The allison is actually smoother now with the level 5 than it was with the 3.5 and it was smooth with that upgrade. You can damage the upgraded tranny by not allowing the transmission time to adapt to new power levels.............dave

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the 125 for a long time.. I actually drove the truck on the 145 setting for a while last night.. I drove it all day today, and then tried the performance test this evening... The tranny troubles have been around since I brought it home from Joes.. I have no troubles with that though.. He told me to bring it back, and he would fix it.. Just haven't had the chance to drive all that way... My shifts seem even worse now.. I'm just gonna make the trip again soon... I just wanted to see if anyone else was in my shoes... Just my luck.. haha

I do have to say the truck is much more responsive with the attitude... Very nice piece...

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Morse wrote "I've had the 125 for a long time.. "

How long have you had the Suncoast installed ?? Which level ??

Mac

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The low boost fueling is likely maxed making the truck drive with much less pedal, and making much more power with this lesser pedal. The Allison needs to adapt to this.

If you want to play, you need the level 5 Suncoast...

Edited by: Kennedy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts