Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much tq can the allision handel in its stock form? i was looking to get a bully dog power pup programer and want to use its 95 hp setting witch has a 190 tq. so can i run this in a stock dmax and be safe?

thanks patrick

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not enough, just read the posts and all the money being spent on toys.
I think most people think the Allision will hold 90 more hp as long as you do not drive with your foot in it all the time.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Ask Mackin

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You will be able to handle that setting just fine. I dont think you would have any problems at that setting. Fred has a Power Pup Im sure he could tell more.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You really want to know what's safe ?? Stock !!!!!

Nothing is fool proof but Edge's 90 Juice box has proven to be safer then most .... Reason is they alow the TCM to sence over torque and allow ECM to defuel ,saving Allison life for you....

" The Juice module communicates on the CAN-Bus data stream. From this data it receives vital engine, "transmission", and fuel system information. This information provides smooth precise power delivery and power curves that are custom tailored "rather than offset from stock."
"

Got Juice

The program loaders do not offer this ..... This being said, you control your own destiny .... I'm not saying lower tunes in programmers will do rapid irreversible damage but moderation is the key, self control, I have none .... Ask my wallet ....

Didn't take HOOT long to throw in some BBQ and Zing .....I like that picture,for a But-ter-face....

You asked !!!!!

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
The Allison will handle a lot of power with a shift kit and heavy duty converter. Anything above 90hp can and usually will throw a code and limp the trans. Happens in the upper gears when you play.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Mike L. said:
The Allison will handle a lot of power with a shift kit and heavy duty converter. Anything above 90hp can and usually will throw a code and limp the trans. Happens in the upper gears when you play.
What do they actually rate the holding capacity of the Trans-go ?? I've seen Steve Cole state over 500/900 ,is that flywheel or RW numbers ?? Different # with a Triple Lock,or same ?? What do you offer as a guarantee number ?? I wouldn't go with out a triple lock but that's me ....

Mac

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
The Transgo shift kit will handle 500hp at the wheels but C3 will begin to get heat checked as we have found on the Transgo truck. I have an answer for that. Remember when you go to that 500# and beyond you will have failures. The Transgo kit was not made for the horsepower junkies, it was developed for the towing people that wanted to add 120hp for play. Yes, it will alow the Allison to handle more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts