Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best lift to sufficiently clear 20's with 33' toyo mud terrains on an 06 4door 2500 duramax 4x4. I dont want a huge lift, im tryin to get away from the whole lifted truck scene. I just want to be able to clear the 33's. oh yea and not put an angle on my joints. My 2000 1500 has a 6" fabtech with 35's and ive probly thrown out the drivers side cv joint at least 10 times so im sick of that.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I clear 33's (285/65/R18) with just a torsion bar crank and trimming on the front air dam. Also as long as you dont crank them TOO much (I have 6 turns on each side) the angles wont be a problem. Ive done quite a few boosted launches with hot tunes and a built trans and my CV joints are fine. You might want to look into a Cognito leveling kit for the front, which includes new LCA's I think to lift the front without making the CV angles too steep...

--Ben

·
Registered
206 Posts
What is the best lift to sufficiently clear 20's with 33' toyo mud terrains on an 06 4door 2500 duramax 4x4. I dont want a huge lift, im tryin to get away from the whole lifted truck scene. I just want to be able to clear the 33's. oh yea and not put an angle on my joints. My 2000 1500 has a 6" fabtech with 35's and ive probly thrown out the drivers side cv joint at least 10 times so im sick of that.
Do you have pics of CV angle your 2000 1/2 ton , were you aggresive off-road. Is the stock front end set-up the same as on your 06 3/4 ton Dmax? What signs and symptoms were you consistently noticing previous to CV failure? Why only Drivers side? Cranked torsion bars? Thanks

·
Registered
808 Posts
What size lift is all going to depend on what width and backspacing on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
dont get 33 on 20 inch rims to small of a sidewall and rims will get thrashed easy get 18 inch rims

·
Registered
808 Posts
dont get 33 on 20 inch rims to small of a sidewall and rims will get thrashed easy get 18 inch rims
I think it all depends on what your doing with the truck. In all reality if you plan on airing down alot 18" are not a good choice either. The rims will only get thrashed if you beating it off road. I personally like having less side wall when I'm towing. jmo:ro)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have pics of CV angle your 2000 1/2 ton , were you aggresive off-road. Is the stock front end set-up the same as on your 06 3/4 ton Dmax? What signs and symptoms were you consistently noticing previous to CV failure? Why only Drivers side? Cranked torsion bars? Thanks
Im gonna put some pics of my cv angle on my half ton. The first time it popped was really aggressive off road then after that it would come out no matter what, i could be on completely level ground not stuck or anything and if i put it in 4hi and moved a foot it would come out. It will not come out with 33's on, only when i had 35's. i have no idea why it was only happening on the drivers side. my torsion bars are not cranked whatsoever.

18's are too small and i really dont care about my 20's gettin trashed offroad because my dmax is gonna be my pullin truck therefore it will see little to no offroad. My 00' half ton on the other hand will now be my play truck and soon be acquiring a straight axle and 40's.:grd:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
sounds like the spacers on your 1/2 ton weren't installed, the ones between the axle shaft ans stub shaft on frt diff

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
another thing.... I don't like cranking CV's, try rancho 4" kit, it can be dropped a bit for 2-3" lift, won't bother angles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts