Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got the outside dressed up(pics coming soon) and I am making plans for the engine and trans, I don't pull much but I really like the extra power for everyday driving. I had an 03 with the edge juice, turbo back exhaust, and intake. I didn't do anything to the tranny and she ran great for 40K before selling her to my Bro and getting the new one. I am thinking about the banks bundle, I know its pricey but I like the security. The question is if I am running the Banks system at ninety hp over stock do I need a tranny upgrade or will the stock tranny hold it. I don't drive real hard but I do like surprising the occasional sportscar off the line. I plan on having this one for a while so I want to do it right. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'm not sure Banks has anything yet for the '06's since they have a completely new computer system. There have been some issues with the TC and C3's on the 6speed Allison trans when adding power. Do some searches and you will get an idea of what the new trans can and cannot handle. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
410 Posts
06 LLY:confused: I personally don't care for Bank's,and I think Bully-Dog has the only decent programmer for the 06. I think you have the LBZ.:eek:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
06 LLY:confused: I personally don't care for Bank's,and I think Bully-Dog has the only decent programmer for the 06. I think you have the LBZ.:eek:
They make (or made) an '06 LLY. It's like the '04 year they did LB7 and LLY's. '06 is LLY and LBZ. I beleive he has a LLY.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I stand corrected.. Like he said!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Banks will be releasing it products soon for the 06 LLY and LBZ because they are sending me some info on what they are going to release. they said they will send the info on 2-28-06 when they get them printed.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
A lot of tuners back off when tranny slip is detected, but the tranny must slip in order for the tuners to recognize it. By then it's too late. After so many times the tranny is eventually going to give up.

So to answer your question, Yes the 90 hp setting will eventually do damage.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Banks will be releasing it products soon for the 06 LLY and LBZ because they are sending me some info on what they are going to release. they said they will send the info on 2-28-06 when they get them printed.
I wonder how bad they've torn the allisons up to get this released.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That is interesting since the LBZ is almost at the point where Allison's will wear out at its stock HP level. Add any sort of tuner and you are going to be killing the trans slowly or quickly depending on how much you add.

Good news for trans installers and after-market product folks I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts