Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Bd power ez amp for about 5 months now. Just the regular version. (same as juice). Anyways, I now how a good opportunity to sell it for what I paid for it. I am thinking of upgrading to the Hot juice. My question is, will the stock tranny hold it? I don't want to upgrade the tranny for a year or so if I can get away with it.

How much power will the stock tranny hold? Can I go more?

How much difference is there between regular juice and hot juice? Any rough estimates as to 0-60 and 1/4 mile would be appreciated.

I'm not trying to conquor the world on a stock tranny. I just want to stay ahead of my uncle with a 6L F*rd and an edge 100hp box
I must admit, it is quick! I haven't raced him yet, but I don't want to lose

Would anyone recommend anything other then the hot juice? Should I be buying something else? I also plan to put the attitude in if it ever gets released!

Thanks

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Anything above 90 HP with a add-on your comprimising T life ....

You do not have to sell your Edge to get Hot Juice just have it upgraded .... Prices will vary ....

Mac

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I don't have to sell it to get the upgrade. If I sell it, I don't have to go without one while I send it back to get it reflashed
I would just order a hot one, and sell the reg when the hot comes in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mac,

Are you saying the 125hp hot juice (ie 90+) will cause the tranny to suffer, or any other box added to it will slip it?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
What I'm saying is Edge doesn't want you to sign a waiver for nuttin ... I think they now sumtin ...

Some will use the power wisely and the results may never show for a long long time others will, well I think we know ..... It will be interesting to see what the other higher HP tuners boxes do down the road to a stock Allison ....

Here's an example:
I've tried many a different combos and stand alone boxes and drugs .... I have latched onto for a better term virgins who were dying to try out the goods ....

These truck (s) took it well, ran like scalded dogs, unlike mine ridden hard and put a way with greasy tires ....

If you were to talk to these whores today they will tell you that they now enjoy the luxury of less OD holding capacity ....

I assure you when the testing virgin received and or tried it was balls to the wall .... Once you get the feeling the adrenaline rush it's hard to give up ..... Duramax is a drug and I'm a junkie and a pusher !!!!!

As always the choice is yours ..... My Allison really didn't look bad on the tear down as I suspected,yet to see the insides of the T/C tho .... Running the 90 HP setting rolling into the throttle I could zing my truck into neutral .... We are mid ship on a Suncoast implant ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mackin said:
If you were to talk to these whores today they will tell you that they now enjoy the luxury of less OD holding capacity ....

Can you explain to me, what you mean by less OD holding cap?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Less Overdrive holding capacity is just that ...

In overdrive C2 (rotating clutch pack ) and C3 (stationary ) are applied ...

Over time C3 begins to wear and a over torque slip becomes easier and easier for the TCM to detect .... This results in either a "zing " into neutral or full blown limp may occur ... It can and does progressively get worse, I've discovered with my truck anway ..

This of course is when you are running the Higher box HP and or stacking.... Even in the end I could bring my truck back to stock
and stand on the go peddle without issue ....

Mac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Max Power said:
Would anyone recommend anything other then the hot juice? Should I be buying something else? I also plan to put the attitude in if it ever gets released!

Thanks

Maybe you should buy a Ford

1 - 8 of 8 Posts