Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Duramax

How much horsepower can one expect from performance chips (boxes) with my current set up, a Flowmaste muffler, and AFE Stage II air box ? I do have HOT JUICE but could stack or change.

I need to know what to upgrade tranny to match HP, but not break my bank account and I am not wanting to add any other "gadgets". From this point I was planning to max out HP and stay simple. I now see boxes advertising 150-215 HP. Can I add 215 HP without any other upgrades ? Edited by: gmccall

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nope your done as far as power without an upgrade to the Ally.

Hot juice will probably start to slip your trans if beat on. In fact it might be already and its backing down to prevent slip.

Without an attitude monitor its hard to say what the trans is doing.

As far as power, the juice is the big gun of course, the intake and exhaust may add 20 hp or so but thats about it. HJ rated at 125 plus 20 for better breathing.

Your probably putting high 300's to the ground.

Don't beat that tranny, it might be holding now but only by a little.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know the tranny will not hold.

I need to know if the Allison level 2 by Suncoast will handle the HP I can get from stacking boxes etc. Or can I get more HP than Level 2 will hold by stacking or some add on chip ?Edited by: gmccall

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you're ONLY going to do the HotOJ and are putting high 300's to the ground, the Suncoast Level I will do the job. Joe at Suncoast rates that kit to 400rwhp and says it's easily good to 450rwhp.

I'm the minority with that setup (single disk converter vs. triple-disk) but I've not slipped mine with the Quad 165 or TTS 120.

The problem you run into is horsepower is addictive and you tend to want more. If you know outright you'll never do more than the HotOJ, then the Suncoast Level 1 will do the job. Otherwise spend the extra $300 for the triple-disk converter and keep you power options open for future upgrades.

Doug

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, 1 phone call and its now a question of Stage II or Stage III.

It seems I may be able to make near 500 HP if I chose to stack boxes without adding other gadgets, and Stage III is recommended for that.

For the record that would be about another $1500 for the additional extra "box" plus $ 2795 for tranny parts and what ever for the tranny labor. But What a rocket for a driver.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts