Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIXING TO INSTALL THE TRANSGO KIT WITH A SUNCOAST TRIPLE LOCK CONVERTER. JUST WONDERING WHAT TO EXPECT. I HAVE A HOT OJ THAT IM WANTING TO STACK WITH A POWER PUP (90HP). IT SHOULD HOLD THAT WITHOUT A PROB RIGHT??? AND LATER ON I WANNA TRY THE QUAD 215 ON IT STACKED POSSIBLY WITH THE HOT OJ AS WELL. WILL IT HANDLE THIS AS WELL? LETS HEAR IT!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The kit was designed for 500 Rwhp and 900 ft. Lbs. I am the one that did the testing and build the power to test it with. If you go above these numbers your on you own.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD FROM OTHERS AS WELL, I WONDER WHY ON THE BOX OF THE KIT IT SAYS "HANDLES UP TO 600 HP" NOT DISPUTING YOUR KNOWLEDGE JUST CURIOUS. I SUPPOSE IT COULD BE 600 FLYWHEEL HP THOUGH

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Peanut

KEY WORDS "UP TO" ...............................................any yes that's flywheel HP. When TransGo and TTS decided to do this project there were a lot of discussions as to what we were trying to do. We were not trying to cover the all out raceing crowd. We left that market for someone else to handle, what we did do was make a product to cover 95% of the people on the road Towing heavy loads with additional power adders. IF you want more holding power than 500 RWHP then you should not be installing our kit, you should be having a custom transmission built.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
PEANUTGRWR said:
AND LATER ON I WANNA TRY THE QUAD 215 ON IT STACKED POSSIBLY WITH THE HOT OJ AS WELL. WILL IT HANDLE THIS AS WELL? LETS HEAR IT!!!

Diesel Tech said:
IF you want more holding power than 500 RWHP then you should not be installing our kit, you should be having a custom transmission built.

I guess that means no PEANUT.

BMDMAX dynoed over 500rw with Quad/Edge at the Suncoast event this weekend. That's the 3rd dyno event he's been between 515-525rwhpEdited by: mtomac

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FOR THE "PLAIN AND SIMPLE" TOMAC. DO YOU KNOW IF HE WAS RUNNING BOTH MODS FULL FORCE OR HE HAD ONE NOT MAXED OUT FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER.?????????

WERE BOTH THE JUICE AND QUAD WITH TIMING??

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
not sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts