Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of HP numbers are you guys making with the LLY turbos and with what makes are you using. Trying to figure which way to go, build it or tune it. Shooting for 800hp at the motor to start with. Would like to get there for around $15000 if possible. Drivetrain is getting upgrades next month.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Nobody is making 800hp with an LLY and I only know of few LB7's that are, bit of a pipe dream.

Your only options for bigger turbos is the DDT twins for the LLY or ATS 5000 custom fit, a couple have been done, and with out drugs you would make 600+HP

Oh and $15,000CDN will only take you so far, Trans,Twins, Program, Fuel upgrades and Install will kill all of that.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Trans, Turbo, Programming...are likely to kill your 15000 real quick! I would to driveline/trans upgrades first, then worry about power.

·
Registered
155 Posts
As ZR said, there are far and few in between running them there kinda #'s. And I believe most are LB7's. Although I see you are looking at 800HP at the motor which would be 600+ rwhp to achieve something like that, and pretty much everyone on here talks about rwhp. There are a few LB7's on here in that range, and then there's BMDMAX hitting the sickening 800 rwhp mark:eek:! I'd say a set of twins, I believe Idaho CTD sells twins for the LLY and Idaho Rob has a set on his LLY. And then of course there's the big single Aurora. Also not sure on Programming yet for the LLY's? Is there actually BIG programs out there yet?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
800HP at the motor is around 640HP at the wheels(so I've heard)

Not sure about the aurora's HP on a LLY(only one I've heard about, haven't heard of a dyno#).

Current twins set-up on the LLY will get you close to 600HP at the wheels on #2. If you want more than that, Nathan is working on a higher HP set that is only limited by size of your twig and berries:D .

With drugs, McRat has the fastest, highest HP LLY. Might want to see if he chimes in.

Rob

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Rob is your LLY the fastest w/o drugs?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So are there some 800 RWHP trucks out there (LB7 or whatever) on #2 ONLY??? IF so, are they stock motors?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
So are there some 800 RWHP trucks out there (LB7 or whatever) on #2 ONLY??? IF so, are they stock motors?
No there are not. Lots of #2 and lots of NO2 gets you 800rwhp.

Some day you will see 700rwhp on #2 only but that will be a race motor with Alot of Boost and #2, Closest would be Kyle from Crankitup, He is running a twin set up on a LB7 with 90psi of boost and twin CP3's to get the fuel, but his truck is not streetable anymore, I think it's just for pullin He also has custom rods and pistons to stand the boost.( correct me if I am wrong)

Check out the vids http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/videos.html
I like the one from the 29th of oct labled "Kyle" I think he was headed for the next county...LOL

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Rob is your LLY the fastest w/o drugs?
McRat is faster than me on #2.

I have quite a bit of HP(108+ trap speed @ 6800#) but have been limited because of shifting problems and my home town track. My 12.91 is at my home town track(3000' elev.) which is .3 slower than the last sea level track I ran.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
McRat is faster than me on #2.

I have quite a bit of HP(108+ trap speed @ 6800#) but have been limited because of shifting problems and my home town track. My 12.91 is at my home town track(3000' elev.) which is .3 slower than the last sea level track I ran.
i checked McRat #'s

"On #2 (raceweight 6420lb) - 13.04 @ 101 on #2 only. On the bottle with a .070" jet, the trans didn't like the nitrous yet (we are working on it, it's computer issues), but still squeezed off a 12.27 @ 111.81. We raped blown SRT-10's with it."

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should of kept my LB7, but now I'll have to get the checkbook out and sell the the wifes ride to build a motor. Guess after the drivetrain is done just chip and drug it up and see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
i checked McRat #'s

"On #2 (raceweight 6420lb) - 13.04 @ 101 on #2 only. On the bottle with a .070" jet, the trans didn't like the nitrous yet (we are working on it, it's computer issues), but still squeezed off a 12.27 @ 111.81. We raped blown SRT-10's with it."
If I remember correctly, he's run some 12.8's on #2.:ro) Not sure of trap speed/weight

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If I remember correctly, he's run some 12.8's on #2.:ro) Not sure of trap speed/weight
Must all be in the trans, time to cash in you penny jar:D

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
Mattmac-- How do you have an Edge Hot Juice on your LLY? Also...if you're looking for good times, the big lift and tires are going to really hurt there...

--ben

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
get an 04 lb7! 15k will get you what you need for hopefully low 12's and ruffly 600(maybe 650-700 it set up right)hp on #2. you need to spend more to get past that.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
get an 04 lb7! 15k will get you what you need for hopefully low 12's and ruffly 600(maybe 650-700 it set up right)hp on #2. you need to spend more to get past that.
You have to remember we are Canadian! $15,000CDN doesn't take you that far, my local dealer has a 03 CC D/A for $30,000CDN!!!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Must all be in the trans, time to cash in you penny jar:D
Yes that's coming.

Track also matters. I ran in spokane and ran a 13.04(PPE only, no VA). The next week at my home track I ran a 13.34 with the same set-up and air. Sometimes track times are decieving. My 12.91 at firebird(home track) would be somewhere around a 12.6, even with the tranny woes.

Rob

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yes that's coming.

Track also matters. I ran in spokane and ran a 13.04(PPE only, no VA). The next week at my home track I ran a 13.34 with the same set-up and air. Sometimes track times are decieving. My 12.91 at firebird(home track) would be somewhere around a 12.6, even with the tranny woes.

Rob
Have you installed your studs yet, what kind of Boost are you seeing?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have studs on the bench, but not sure if I'm going to run them. Right now I'm about 45psi on winter fuel. I'll crank it up to 50-55 in the spring on stock studs and be done with it. Wish me luck.

Studs for sale.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.