Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone weighed their duramax?

I'm wondering how much my crew cab long bed (with spray in liner, tool box, full length nerf bars & full tank of fuel) would weigh...

my guess: 7250 lbs - sound about right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you really want to know, weigh it. Otherwise, your guess is close enough.

You might be a little on the heavy side. Then again, depents on how big the tool box is and how many tools are in it. It might be a little heavier since it's Polo Green (It would be lighter if it were white!) <grin>

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I weighed once at the local stone quarry. With my C/C shorty 4x4, 1/2 tank of fuel approx, a few odds and ends and a baby seat in the back came in at 6920ish.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Next time you are driving past a truck stop just pull on the scales pick up the phone and weigh her. It is around $7, and if you use a CAT scale you get a free Super Trucker trading card. Also if you drive over the DOT scales and you are over weight CAT will pay for your fine.
Just keep in mine that if you see a big rig wanting the scale get out of there way...the driver is working not playing.
I just know that from driving a Peterbilt awhile back.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mrs. Rmax here - We found out the very hard way that our 2500 HD 4x4 d/a ext cab, long box was 800 pounds over the curb weight stated in Chevy literature. I'm sure it was the trim package (LT), the d/a and the 4x4 that all contributed. In our case, it was enough over that we ended up having to trade for a 3500 (dually, crew cab, LT, long box, 4x4 d/a) to haul our fifth wheel. Weighed that and it is also 800 pounds over Chevy stated dry curb weight. (And yes, that's dry and with no one or nothing in it.) But now we can add the Line-X liner, the tool box and tools, the fuel cans, the hitch and the generator and still tow our fifth wheel within safe weight margins. If you are just curious, you can weigh at any scale. If you need front and rear axle, CAT scales are the way to go.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My reg. cab D/A 4X4 weighs 6300 lb with about 1/3 tank of fuel and maybe 150 lb of junk under and behind the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts