Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am thinking about selling my truck. I am just wondering what they are kinda worth or what would be a reasonable amount to ask.
Its a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE, 6.5L Diesel, automatic, has a/c, cd, pw, pl, cc, 'command start', 2 new 875cca batteries, new front shocks, rear shocks 1yr old, compete rear brakes(springs, parking brake cables etc.), Heath PMD isolator kit. I'm sure I am missing a lot of info. BUT what do you guys think?
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
290 Posts
Check Ebay, completed listings, to get an idea...

Edmunds.com is pretty good usually.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Well, we are gonna be kinda baised. Are you asking from the sellers point of view, or the buyers? I have to play good-cop-bad-cop on this one. I deal ruthlessly with dealers and 6.5, only because they don't know ANYTHING about it. I rag 'em, run 'em down. Now, as a seller however, I can tell you how much nicer they are over the more expensive clan of diesels.... so we would be a bit skewed...

how 'bout miles on odometer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she's got about 285xxx kms

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Its a nice truck, why do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to get something newer and bigger... I am looking at an 03 suburban.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I want to get something newer and bigger... I am looking at an 03 suburban.
You would rather have a gasser then a diesel?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if they made suburban those years with a diesel I'd be looking for one, but now with diesel more than gas, I don't know if the extra cost for a diesel is worth it, plus I really do want an suv(i think)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I know how those diesel prices are, it cost me $45 to go from 1/2 a tank to 3/4. Im almost thinking a 350 is the way to go but I love the 6.5 and Id like to look into WVO.

·
Registered
504 Posts
FWIW I sold my '95 similar to yours with higher km's last December for $12,500 (located in BC) Just bought a 1999 6.5 'burb with full load and 200,000km last week. It took me a year to find it, but i love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, thats not bad at all. I am advertising mine for $11,400 OBO. So I think that is about right. I'm definitly going to miss the truck, I really do like it, especially considering how much time I put into the paint/body, but I guess you can't keep everything forever.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I used craigslist..it works. Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts