Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. Powerstroke owners, how much boost does a stock 7.3 powerstroke produce?

can anyone give details about the factory turbo: such as, model, A/R of turbine housing, turbine and compressor wheel diameters.

thanks Pat

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not tech specs. But 15-20 psi is normal under full load.

15 with stock downpipe and intake. Closer to 20 with downpipe, straight exhaust, and open element air filter.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mine would see 20 psi with just a K&N and a straight pipe and base fuel regulator shimmed, added SCMT micro tuner and saw 25 pretty often at the top of 3rd. This was unloaded on level ground in a 4wd reg cab F250HD (1997) Remember 97s did not have a wastegate, and stock AR was 1.00 or 1.10, can't recall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A little trick and I can pull 29 lb. when mashing it with a load on!

I have K&N OE style filter, 5" Exhaust w/4" down pipe...... 7 degree hill on the highway for about one mile........... up hill with cruise control set at 72 mile an hour......... pulling 28' box trailer wieghing 13,000 lbs. Coolest thing is to just watch the old boost guage do it's thing!!!!! I love it, this old truck is still doing 72 mph at the top of the grade.

By the way, everyone behind me is fogged out from the CLOUD!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stock my 2000 would barley pull 15lb. of boost..

After the TS chip, 4" Turbo out Exhaust, K & N drop in filter I can pulled 34 lb. of boost anytime I want

Edited by: wideopen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have an efficiency map for the turbo on the 7.3? At some point, higher boost is only going to make hotter air. Was just curious which turbo is on the 7.3s...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry man no can help on the map.... If I'm not misstaken O think Garret makes the Turbo..Seems like I seen that stamped on the side of mine???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts