Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course no one knows but I am just looking for some ballpark amount so I can get an idea what I will pay. It has a 6.2 in it and 107k on the engine and it's a dually. I am attaching some pics. I'd guess 2 grand+. he says there is no problem except serpentine belt. Brakes, steering and engine are ok. it's 4 hours away so I haven't seen it and I don't want to go there and come back empty handed or haggle down there.

I'd rather bring his price down first because he's asking 8k $2000 over the avg market price and I don't got it. The miles are a bit lower but I've missed two chances to get this for around $5k. ANy help is appreciated.

Vehicle Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Gas

Wood Water Automotive tire Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Wood Tints and shades Composite material Building

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Automotive tire Wood Water Tread Tints and shades

·
Administrator
22,006 Posts
The market is stupidly high so don't figure on getting a lower asking price. I would expect to put in another 2k on belts, hoses, sensors glow, plugs, harmonic balancer, front end work, etc.. And that's not including any wait time on unavailable parts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The market is stupidly high so don't figure on getting a lower asking price. I would expect to put in another 2k on belts, hoses, sensors glow, plugs, harmonic balancer, front end work, etc.. And that's not including any wait time on unavailable parts
I did mention the expenses it's likely to cost and offered $4200 thinking he might laugh but he first came back with how about $5000 and then how about $4500 so it doesn't hurt to ask and as I read it's a lot easier to start low than high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts