Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, I'm new here and also to the Duramax..:sorrysign ....How many quarts of oil does the new 2007 LMM Duramax use ??

Randall

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The other three take 10, I assume the LMM does too.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
It'll be a little hard for him to check an owner's manual, since he hasn't bought a Duramax yet ...

Smart money is on 10 quarts. The LMM is basically a LBZ with all the regen stuff on the exhaust side. The engine itself changed little. I did see a picture in a magazine where the fuel filter was moved, but that might just have been a promo pix; I've not looked under hood on a LMM.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Hopefully, it doesn't use any! :p:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Just to confirm - LMM manual says 10.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom S.;1932050; said:
Hopefully, it doesn't use any! :p:

That is a good one !!!! I never thought of it that way!!!!! I should've re-phrased that for meaning...Ha Ha !!!! I hope it doesn't use any either !!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jaybeecon;1932074; said:
Just to confirm - LMM manual says 10.

Thanks Jaybeecon,

was just wondering in comparison to my other trucks.....the Dodges use 11 qts each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Again, I'm new here and also to the Duramax..:sorrysign ....How many quarts of oil does the new 2007 LMM Duramax use ??

Randall
I have a 2008 chevy Duramax 6.6L and when I put 8 quarts in and look at the dipstick it shows about 2 quarts overfill any ideas whats going on

·
Administrator
16,699 Posts
I have a 2008 chevy Duramax 6.6L and when I put 8 quarts in and look at the dipstick it shows about 2 quarts overfill any ideas whats going on
Welcome to DieselPlace
Are you on flat-level ground when adding/checking the oil?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts