Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

The cold weather is coming on and I got my first case of FPPF total power and was wondering how many oz. of it to use per tank. I've got the shortbed so I have the smaller tank (26 gal. ?) So how many oz. per tank?

Thanks guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It comes out to about 1 oz per 8 Gallons.

I run the mixture that Kennedy uses though. I got a couple empty bottles with measuring spouts on them and mixed 50/50 of the Total Power and the 8+. I then run it at 1.5 times the rated amount. This comes out to 3 oz per 8 gallons of fuel. Edited by: FirstDiesel

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
A couple of quick warnings. The FPPF bottles like to leak at the cap so don't let it lay on it's side after breaking away the foil. For me I had an on/off funnel setup(about $5). The problem is that after time the left over residue in the funnel became gummy. A lot of guys use the large empty Sta-Bil bottles for measuring. These days, I just pour in 'what feels right'. It's probably 5-6 oz's per fillup.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I am with V-Red on this one. My bottles leak and I havent done the Sta-bil thing yet, just give it a few shots per tank... The "eyeball" method!

Eric

·
Registered
540 Posts
I use these bottles:

http://tinyurl.com/rhj3

Do they leak?? Maybe. But I store them standing up in a box in my truck and don't work about it. We own diesels and I'm sure you all have emergency kits in your trucks, right?? Filters etc. I just have it in a plastic bag in the emergency kit box.

I run Kennedy's secret brew and have 2 bottles made up at a time. 1 in the truck and one at home.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use FPPF Total Power. 1 oz per 10 gallons in the summertime. 1 oz per 5 gallons in the wintertime. I dispense it from a Sta-bil bottle. --SS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts