Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curios on deleted lml trucks. I'm looking at longevity. Is there any reason to believe it should cause future problems.
Other than transmission how well should it hold up with about a 150hp tune and lift pump. Will head gaskets be an issue. Daily driven with frequent hauls under 10,000 pounds and occasional heavy hauls 20-25000 pounds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
380 views and nobody has logged any miles on a deleted truck??? Makes me wonder about reliability...
I'm starting to second guess.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've gone a week and a half and so far, so good!

·
Registered
955 Posts
How do you pass smog?
I put V-bands on the muffler and at the end of the DPF - just disconnect the muffler, reinstall the DPF, rehook up the connectors, and reflash the computer and I'm back in business.

·
Registered
955 Posts
For the way my truck runs, the addtional 150 horsepower, the linear acceleration, and the additional fuel mileage I've picked up - yes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got a lot of time on my deleted 13 LML van. I'm not sure on miles, maybe 7500-10,000. MPG is improved, throttle response is improved, no downsides IMO. Just deleted my wife's 2013 LML pick up. Only one tank of fuel thru it so far, but same deal. MPG is better as is power and throttle response. I'm very happy with both of them. :HiHi:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My truck has 160k on it. Deleted at 100k. Truck has never been better. I should have deleted earlier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Both the van and the pick up are around 95,000. One issue with a defective Napa plastic fuel filter failing, but otherwise both vehicles have been stellar.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
380 views and nobody has logged any miles on a deleted truck??? Makes me wonder about reliability...
I'm starting to second guess.
Very few would add 150 hp as far as longevity goes by doing this, that’s hard to say.
That’s probably one reason only one has responded, with a week and a half experience with 150hp tuning.

Maybe if your truck in general is in good condition when things start going bad you’ll be able to trade it in.
That’s what most people do when they finally figure out adding that much power was not a good idea.

Probably getting your trans built for that much power would be a good start.
But then your still dealing with a basically a stock engine with tuning.

Longevity with tuning for most people would be in the 25-50 hp range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts